Friday, November 04, 2005

Pumpkin Pie Fiasco

Ok, so this grand idea I had a few weeks back to make mini-pumpkin pies is...um...taking over my kitchen. So far I have made 48 mini-pumpkin pies, got desperate, and put a dozen regular muffin sized pies in the oven. I still have 2 inches to go of pumpkin batter in my LARGE mixing bowl.

These were supposed to be for Sunday night's small group BBQ. There are only about 10 of us. We'd all have to eat approx. 5 mini pumpkin pies and at least 1 small pumpkin pie each to take care of what I've done...........so far.

Note to family members who hold Gramps' pumpkin pie recipe - 2 regular sized pumpkin pies (which is what his recipe makes) will make enough mini or small pumpkin pies to CATER A FALL PARTY...or something! :-P

Perhaps this would be a good time to bless our neighbors' taste buds??? Oh my gosh. I just remembered these have to be refrigerated too.

::distraught:: Good thing Matt and I don't have a packed fridge since it's only two of us. But I still don't know if I'll have enough room..............

ADDENDUM - After one more batch of pie crust, I have perfectly finished off the pumpkin batter. Gramps' recipe makes 48 mini-muffin sized pies and 24 regular muffin sized pies. Glad I opted to start making the regular size...otherwise I'd have almost 100 mini pies sitting in my fridge! And I've only eaten four mini pies today... ::avoids eye contact:: And I'm sure Matt and I will have a regular one each after our date tonight. ::clears throat and nervously walks away::

6 comments:

Autumn said...

Dawn, I love your side notes that are encapsulated by :: :: I can totally picture you acting out those things. SERIOUSLY I have such a baaad sweet tooth right now, I would FLY out there to eat some of your pies (if I had the money!)

Bless your neighbors.

Anonymous said...

That's funny. I'll remember not to use his exact details for the pies. Too much pumpkin food to eat, too little time and guilt.

Kathie said...

LOL, Dawn you are soo funny :) You know you can freeze your pies too. Then you could take some to the Jensens over Thanksgiving. Blessing your neighbors is a good idea too, or the apartment office staff. Gramps said you took pics, I want to see, too. I'm sure we all would like to see them.
Momma

Autumn said...

yes! pictures!

Anonymous said...

Hey...can those pies be *mailed*?

:)

Jaclyn said...

I cannot picture that many pumpkin pies!!!! As I started reading it I thought you were talking about normal sized pies!!! I thought, woah... Danw is crazier than I thought!!! ;-) I would love the recipe! Love you!

Powered By Blogger