There've been several requests for certain pictures, so I thought I'd start fulfilling them as I can. Not gonna do too much as far as posting today. I'm feeling exhausted and it's only 9:15...in the morning. So I post, and then I nap.This is the only picture I got of the pumpkin pie fiasco. Just the first batch so I could send the pic to Gramps and make sure they looked right. Now, imagine 24 more mini-pies, and then 24 regular muffin sized pies...which were all successfully eaten/doled out at last night's BBQ. But we still have about 36 mini-pies to ourselves. And like 2 and a half tubs of cool whip. :-P

This is a picture of our fall centerpiece. The older I get the more into decorating for the seasons I get. Maybe because I have a place of my own? Or maybe just because I enjoy it more? This was great because all we had to buy were the leaves and pumpkins, and they were on sale. I can't wait to create a Christmas centerpiece. I've already got several ideas I have to choose from...vase filled with ornaments like last Christmas, tiered candleabra with an ornament in each holder, a white basket full of ornaments and greenery, ornaments and candles... As you can see, the ornaments will mainly be displayed on the table. No sense in having a tree if we'll only be here for 14 days in December. But someday, by golly, we'll have our VERY OWN tree that we can decorate all our own and then have egg nog together. Hmm, just had a thought. Maybe we should have a tree next year even though we won't be here for Christmas...it'll be baby's first Christmas. But then, our families always have trees. ::sigh:: Someday. I'll have a tree to call my own.

This is our guest bathroom. Our bathrooms are the only two rooms that are completely finished (though we may not do anything else to the kitchen). I am so excited to have a bathroom with a big enough counter (and no towel rack above the toilet) to display my fishy stuff. Those who've known me a long time know that I had a fish themed room ever since the summer after 6th grade. I still have that bedding too. It's in good shape and I STILL love it! Now I can have a piece of it displayed all the time with our brightly colored
bathroom. Autumn, I again thank you so so much for the set of colorful towels. I have NO IDEA what I'm going to do when they wear out. They match perfectly in color and design...and you can't find towels like that anymore!Ok, so I wrote more than I thought I would. But now my heart is beating fast again and I feel like I could fall asleep right here at the computer.
So off to drink some water I go, and then a nap where crazy dreams will show.

10 comments:
Thanks for the pictures. Hope your nap went well!!! I would like the recipe for thes little pies...do you make the crust too or did you buy them all pre-made???
Hey, Dawnie! I have a pumpkin pie candle, which fills my house with the scent. I lit the candle the other night and thought of you and all of your pumpkin pies! Trust me, if I weren't so far away, I'd help you eat every last one of them. :) And can I just say that seeing the picture of you pregnant was so surreal. I almost fell off my chair. Your mom said you were coming in December...I can't wait to see you! I really miss you! Oh, and Thea and I want to throw you a baby shower while you're here, so think about what day would be good for you.
Love you,
Rachel
It almost made me cry to see something from you! I miss you TERRIBLY and was so bummed that I didn't get to see you one last time before we left for CA. We have nothing planned for Christmas except for Christmas Day so far...so you all can pick what day is best for you! We arrive Dec 15th, so the 16 through the 30 are all fair game! Trust me...I WISH you were here for the pies just so I could see you! And you thought the pic was surreal? Wait until you see me in person when I'm bigger in December. You have no idea how many times I look down and say "Did I ever even have a waist?"
Rachel!! Let me know if I can help plan Dawn's shower!!! I'm planning to go to LR myself, and we'll have a happy reunion of the bridesmaids. :) Love ya!
Fabulous! Well, looking at the calendar, I'm thinking maybe Saturday brunch on the 17th, but obviously I'll need to talk to Thea. Will that work for you, Autumn? And thanks for the offer to help. I really appreciate it!
Also, Dawn, I'll need to know who all you want to invite and where you want to have it, etc., so just be thinking about it. If it's not a huge list, I can have it at my house.
What is your phone number in Cali? You can email it to me at rachel.shaver@cedarville.edu if you don't want to post it here.
My cell phone died a violent and fiery death, so as soon I get a new phone, I'll let you know the number. My home number is 501-954-7584.
I can't wait to meet Baby Esparza!
Love you!
P.S. Today, for lunch, I ate chicken pot pie--your recipe. It's delicious! :)
Ooo....I've wondered how on earth I'm supposed to contact you lately! Are you ever going to get a new e-mail since your long gone from college? :-P I'm about to change my number (maybe even today), so I'll call you. I can NOT wait! I miss you so much!
I want to come to the shower:( You'll have to take pictures to show me. We've got to get together one of the two days we'll be there. Can't wait to see you again.
Dawn you just crack me up sometimes. I love reading your blog. Sorry i don't write more often. I am glad you still love your fishies. take care and con't to get all the rest you can for those days will soon be over :) love you,
I'll be talking with hubby today to see what dates we'll be in Little Rock in December. 17th will probably be okay for me
You've been tagged. Check my blog.
Post a Comment