We're at the end of our Indian Summer here in Monterey. And the temperatures have risen to make it go out with a bang. Apparently this is what the weather is always like. One week it's sweaters, the next sleeveless shirts. And in the summer, it's usually overcast and cold in the morning, sunny and warm in the afternoon, and cold/overcast by 5:00 again. Diane said you can't go anywhere without a sweater that you may or may not need. :-P Should be fun.Well, here's a recent pic of my growing belly... There is not much to update by way of pregnancy. The only issue I've been having is lower back pain, which several of us KNEW would happen because of family history and my loose joints that are now more loose because of pregnancy hormones. People have begun praying for more restful sleep at night, and that has happened the past two nights. Of course, the three hour nap Matt and I got yesterday afternoon helped with being rested! I had a girl tell me yesterday she thinks I'm having a boy because I'm carrying low for even a 5 month pregnancy. Don't know if that's true or not, but it was fun to have someone "predict with a reason." Jaclyn says it's a boy just because that's what she "feels." I used to "feel" it was a boy, but then sweet Rachel came into my life and now I think I secretly want a girl. Maybe I should just start thinking, "It doesn't matter as long as it's healthy"? ::sigh:: November 30th seems like so long from now!
Speaking of Rachel, her first birthday is tomorrow and we were invited to her b-day party last Saturday since I carry a future play mate. :-) I decided to cut down on cost, give myself something to do, challenge my skill, and most of all make something quite meaningful as a gift. Here are the results...First is a picture of Diane, her daughter Rachel (the baby), and her grandaughter Lysette (Lee Lee for short).
Second is a picture of sweet Rachel. She has the LONGEST curled eyelashes, soft curly jet black hair, very dark eyes, and wears pink better than any other baby!
Then there are a few of the doll.

Hope you have a pleasant November day! Enjoy the gorgeous trees for me if you can!

4 comments:
DAWN!!!! I never saw the doll finished. I love the hair :) You did sooo well.
cool doll
I beg to differ on the kids in pink comment...
First of all, cute living room. Second, cute outfit. Third, cute doll! Way to go on the craftiness, there.
I love the doll ;-)
I told you first that I thought you were having a boy fromthe pics I saw of you at the Grand Canyon! Puh. Now I am more convinced than ever with this new picture!
Thanks for the pics!
Post a Comment