Thursday, September 29, 2005

Why Everyone Needs A Mom Like Mine


K ind to stranger and friend alike.
A ble-bodied to do hard tasks. Plow Girls my dad calls us.
T eachable, and more-so the older she gets.
H ard to keep secrets from, a sign of a true friend.
E xcellent at gaining whatever information is needed
R enders to others both needs and wants, regardless of time or money.
I nsatiable appetite for time with her children and lets us know it.
N ews gatherer so all can stay up with what's going on.
E early riser to spend time with the Lord and my dad.

M oney is no object when it comes to blessing others.
A rtsy and creative in all things craft and decor.
R ighteousness is ever becoming the desire of her heart.
I nterested in learning about what others are interested in.
E ntertained by what is properly entertaining.

F lexible each and every day to whatever comes along.
I mitates those who are spiritually worthy of imitation.
T eaches others what she has learned--and educates my little sister.
Z ealous in praying for family, friends, and strangers.
R eads then recommends GREAT books.
A nticipates what God is going to do through her children and grandchildren.
N otices when someone needs a pick-me-up and gives it--flowers especially.
D oes not hold back emotion when it is time to show it.
O pens her home and heart to any who need them.
L aughs alot--and spreads it.
P refers to relax over being a busy-body.
H opes for our Lord's return.

If I had to choose just ONE thing that I have learned from my mother, it would be generosity. I never paid attention to it as a child because I didn't care about characters of the heart. But the older I got, the more I saw how much time, money, and self she gave to my sisters and I...and now that I am even older, I see how much she gives to those outside our family. She puts aside whatever she is doing to listen and give advice the moment it is needed. She has no outward qualms about spending money to fulfill a need or even a want. I don't know how many times she has sent me flowers, but it NEVER gets old. Ever. She has the perfect kind of generosity that anticipates the need before it is voiced and then does what she can to meet it. And time and time again, I think about how THAT is what I wish to be known for and I pray God gives me the means to do it as well as my mom does.

Happy 43rd Year, Momma. I love you!

4 comments:

Jaclyn said...

Happy Birthday Mrs. FitzRandolph! May God bless your life abundantly!

Autumn said...

Happy Birthday! I second everything Dawn said.

Kathie said...

I am the one blessed by such wonderful, loving, godly daughters. 3John 4 says "I have no greater joy than to know that my children walk in the truth" That is true of my life :) To know the life you have lived and that you have "turned out" the way you have causes me to praise our God and Father and His Son Jesus Christ. It is through His work, and praise Him.
Thank you for the sweet "birthday card" on your blog btw.
I love you too.
momma

Anonymous said...

I envy you all. I wish I had this kind of relationship with my mother and sisters...

Powered By Blogger