Here are some pictures to show you all the "adventure" we're in right now. Such memories for years to come...and ones we can tell our little one. But we can't say we walked uphill in the snow. This is California, and though it is chilly, there will be no snow.

This was our "living room" before the new computer desk arrived. Now you see why I am much more comfortable at the desk!
I think I may be getting spoiled having our bed in here. It would be so grand and romantic to have a gas fireplace in your bedroom.
This is our living room now...post computer desk and borrowing a TV from some FRIENDS. Skip caught the part of that sentence I wanted him to the other night when he called. We have friends already! We met them through church. Moses and Kim are a couple a little older than us (32, 25) but in the same stage of life (minus baby-on-the-way). They are proving to be a lot of fun and kindred spirits. When Kim gets back from her Nebraska, the four of us are going to get together. Apparently Moses is quite the cook, and I'll be making dessert.
Our lovely BIG kitchen, compared to our Jackson kitchen. We just painted the shelves and drawer bottoms yesterday. Shelf paper...it doesn't work no matter how many times you try or how you prep the wood. So I picked a paint color called Muted Gold and it looks wonderful. I'll have to get used to the texture though. My fingertips have such issues with certain surfaces--the weirdest one being printer paper. ::shiver:: I'm still getting used to tile/grout counters. I hope the grout doesn't stain over time. And I still adore the "stone tile" laminate.This is Matt putting together our computer desk. Yes, I did help, but he's the man. I'm really hoping that our dining room won't look aweful with the corner desk AND our dining table/chairs in there, but the baby's gotta have a room and Matt needs a space to study where he won't disturb the wee one.

This is the baby's room...so far. Fun Noah's Ark will be the theme. :-) And next to it is the master bedroom...so far. We are going to be painting it a muted golden yellow over the next couple days. Fresh Morrocan will be the theme.

And finally, this is our lovely dresser right now. My clothes, Matt's clothes, and our laundry basket. There are some clothes hanging in the closet...can't have a wrinkle clad grad student, now can we!
That's it for now! I hope you enjoyed the tour! We will DEFINITELY post pictures when all is said and done...and delivered to our apt.
Some little girl is meowing ferociously outside. Hope the kitty is ok...good grief. But I welcome the sound of wind blowing and children playing. Very soothing to me!
And the baby must have just woken up...it's kicking around a little. :-D


3 comments:
Awww.... thanks for sharing the pictures. I have been curious about the computer desk on boxes you were talking about! Now I see! I am glad you have a real desk now! The apartment is a good size! I cannot wait to see it with more stuff in it ;-)
yippee, things are movin' right along... you get me so excited about moving into an apartment!!!
LOVE YOU
Dawn-
Wow, the place looks great! Can't wait to see it when you are all moved in and settled:). Hope all is well!
-Christa
Post a Comment