Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Praise the Lord for Creation and Situation!

In the midst of a combination of situations that can make us feel at a loss, God has still proven faithful!

We got a call yesterday from the Memphis office, and the movers will be packing up and moving out our stuff...on FRIDAY. The last day of the month. This is saving us from having to pay another full month's rent to Cherry Grove for an empty apartment. The manager however is wanting us to pay for three days double rent SIMPLY because the walk-through may not be able to happen until Monday. Empty apartment on Friday. Empty on Saturday. Empty on Sunday. Walk-through on Monday because of their rule of no walk-throughs on weekends (don't know where that's stated). And we pay over $100 for those three empty, unoccupied days. We'll see about that. I just gotta keep calm on the phone while protesting.

AND we got our computer desk delivered yesterday instead of Thursday. No more sitting at three stacked boxes trying to juggle keyboard and mouse...and figure out where to put your legs. So we're up to three pieces of furniture now. Air matress, computer chair, and computer desk! Movin' on up!

Please pray that we will be able to figure out the health insurance election TODAY. I've spent hours (with my wonderful mom) the past two days researching, calling, being frustrated, and trying to find answers. And it's starting to give me an instant tension headache every time I think about it. We know which company we should use (thanks to my dad's final advice), but there are two issues that must be answered. At least now I know what the issues are exactly and who I should call to ATTEMPT to find answers. I pray it works out today.

And now for Cross-Country Trek pictures... PLEASE CLICK on some of them at least so you can see a bigger picture and get more detail of the Grand Canyon.


This was my FIRST view of one of the most awesome places in God's creation. No movie, no IMAX presentation, no person, no photograph can EVER truly prepare you for how vast and deep the Grand Canyon is. I just stood there wondering for a while if it was really REAL. How can something that HUGE possibly exist...aside from a God who is bigger! I describe how big it is by saying if you are standing on a beach looking out at the ocean, THAT is how big the Canyon is. And yet you still know that there is more beyond what you can see. Add the mile depth, and it's even more "grand." Simply astonishing.

Our first "First Real Vacation" picture. More than 3 or 4 hours outside Jackson. Not because we had to. Not to see family. An honest-to-goodness sight-seeing vacation. It was so much fun! Just me and my husband. A vacation with a boy! Alone! Very cool. This was Matt's fourth time to see the Grand Canyon, my first. And now I am the only one in my family who has seen it...even though all of them have lived or still live in Arizona. You all MUST get up to see it! For Thea: The lady who took this picture was from England. When she handed the camera back she said, "Have a good holiday!" in a cute British accent. Made me think of you!







And now for what God blessed us with to impress us even more with His creative abilities...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you send me some of the full-size scenic images? I can use them at ECC for worship lyric backdrops.

-Paul

Anonymous said...

Very cool.

Anonymous said...

How Cool! I was listening to KLOVE while answering phones here at the office and when I looked at these pics, "Awesome God" by Rick Mullins came on the computer. How appropiate! our God truly IS an Awesome God!!!
Aunt Barb (one who has NOT seen this in person...yet)

Autumn said...

that sign cracks me up every time I see it... lol!

Jaclyn said...

Thanks for sharing the pictures with us :) I have got to see the Grand Canyon!!! Love you!

Powered By Blogger