Next week....ACK! But I'm more excited then overwhelmed. Stuff = Stress. Us? Yeah, we don't have alot of stuff. Praise the Lord!
On another note, here are some pictures of the last quilt I am working on with my Quilters. I will miss them so much! There is nothing like spending time with ladies aged 50 to 88, most on the upper end of the age scale. They are JUST as good of friends as those my own age, if not more fun! They have been such a blessing as they shared their WWII cadet nurse stories, what aches and pains they have and the "remedies" for them, touching stories of how they have lost those dear to them, what is on the latest TV shows (the ones I don't even watch!), and so much more. I'll miss Natalie's home baked wheat bread with peanut butter and jelly. She is so faithful to feed us, and now sees it as imperitive she arrive with food so my baby can eat, too! "I knew I had to bring something or Dawn would get onto me and starve!" I have gained priceless quilting and sewing skill and talent while working with them. Though I've never seen the children that recieve the quilts we make, I know that what our hands do are keeping orphans warm on the inside and out!
This quilt is the one I got to choose fabrics for and make to keep...both to remember the quilters and for mine and Matt's baby. We've decided it will be the theme for the nursery both spiritually and visually.


7 comments:
::tears:: this is sort of sad. Maybe b/c I've met these special ladies. Praise God for these ladies and the input they have had in your life. I pray for new older ladies in CA :)
love you,
momma
what cute fabric! How fun that you made your baby a quilt!!! Not many babies have a mommy who's talented like you! :)
If you need any help, you know where I live.
And a part of me still can't believe that you're going to be a mommy. Wow.
P.S. Link to my blog.
Ok, so I need to know more about how you get those verses on there...
Light Box from a craft store (Hobby Lobby, about $25)
Good quality fabric marker/pen that won't rub or wash off
Type up verses in size, shape, and font you desire. Print. Cut to size of fabric square so it is centered.
Place paper on light box topped with fabric square. Trace away!
Wow.... sounds easy!!! I have a light box, fabric (enough!) and a computer... I only lack a good fabric pen! I'll have to try it sometime! Thanks!
Beautiful
Post a Comment