So marks my very FIRST time to be alone at night since July 2, 2004. Sure, Matt and I have been away from each other three times since we've been married; but I had a companion every time. Rachel for Josh Groban's concert. Thea for Matt's first Baltimore trip. And 7 crazy fun girls in Guatemala. But last night it was just me and Matt's old teddy bear in our huge bed. I didn't cry like I thought I might. Probably too tired! :-P I did wake up quite a bit though. The first time I did the whole turn over and think "Where is....oh yeah." But, it wasn't NEAR as bad as I expected, which I am grateful for. Part of me wants to think it was 1% nice to not have a pillow shifted by his arm or a knee in my shin. :-P But I guess either I wake up because his physical presence is made known or because my spirit knows he's not there with me. It's a lose-lose when you're married I guess. :-)
Anyway, today is a full day! Which is why this post should probably be made later so I can go shower. My last day with the quilters. Hopefully I will get a whole lot of Judana's (Judah, Elaina combined until we know) quilt done. Then they are all taking me to Olive Garden. Such sweet ladies! My digital camera WILL be going with me!
Then I'm gonna check the mail after praying hard that our new car's registration and renewal sticker will come in the mail today. It was sent last Thursday. Our temp tag expires today. So if the registration does not come today, I can not drive to Little Rock as planned. Not worth the risk of being caught in a vehicle who's license plate does not match the car it's on. :-{ But, if it doesn't come, I will take that as direction from the Lord that I am not supposed to leave Jackson while Matt is gone.
If it does come, I call Paul and have him put the plate on the car. Pack. And take a 3 hour drive by myself. Again, I think this would be a first to drive that long without someone else. My first thought when the opportunity was presented was, "Ooo, maybe Tracie can ask off work and take a road trip with me." But, then I came back to reality. :-P
AnyVay. I need to go shower now. But to leave the post on a mysterious note... I think I MAY have felt the baby for the first time yesterday. Still have to talk to Autumn about it and see what she thinks. Might have felt it this morning too. Very much a "Was that a muscle twitch down there or a baby kick??"

3 comments:
can't wait to talk with ya...call me or sumthin' LOVE YOU
I am curious if you went to Little Rock... hope you can chat tomorrow, but seeing your family is much more important! I love you and am praying for you during this busy, changing time!
Hey girl!!!...this is Emily (andy's sis..if you don't remember)..Congrats on the baby and the new job for hubby...!!!
I just started a blog and wanted to let you know about it.
http://inthewaterfall.blogspot.com.
if you can't find it e-mail me at Jrobertson82303@sbcglobal.net and i'll e-mail it to you...Hopefully...we'll be trying soon after we get settled in the new house.
Post a Comment