Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Mi vida es muy loca!

...but starting to slow down...somewhat. The following is an update that I hope many I e-mail will come and read. I want more people to know about my blog...but I guess I should start posting more often if I want visitors and comments!

Health

I am finished with my fifth try at antibiotics. Took the last one today. I don't feel that it has helped at all (even when combined with the steroids). Allergist scheduled me for a ct scan of my sinuses tomorrow at 1:00 to see if there has been ANY improvement at all since I had my MRI's. If not, I have no idea what he'll say. I've been waiting for him to drop the word surgery, but he hasn't yet. Which is good. I'm about ready to give up on all medicine and just pray my heart out that I get better. Or take Jaclyn's advice to go the natural route.

Job

Matt is scheduled to fly out to Baltimore on June 29th and have all day polygraph/psych testing on the 30th. He will fly home on July 1st. Please pray for him! Clarity of thought, peace of mind, strength of character, and faith in God's sovereign plan. Pray for me that I will not be a worry wart wife! My best friend Thea is most likely going to come stay with me while Matt is gone...which I am MOST grateful for! Then, we get to celebrate our first anniversary on July 2nd!

Shocking News!

I get a call on Monday night from Elizabeth, a girl we know from church. She informs me she can no longer go on the Guatemala missions trip with the church youth group. She has to have tailbone surgery. The trip is July 10-17. Matt and I originally wanted to go, but then the job possibility came up and we thought it unwise to leave. Keath, the youth pastor, calls me at 8:00 Monday night saying "Do you think that MAYBE God WANTS you to go on this trip?" Meaning that things have worked in such a way that it seems there is no question God hand-picked me to go on this trip. Keath and I discussed details, and he said he wished he could tell Matt and I we had a week to decide...but we only had 2 hours. The airline had even graciously agreed to wait one more day for final ticket purchase to see if Keath could replace Elizabeth. Matt and I talked, weighed, prayed, read Scripture, and called my parents. EVERYTHING pointed to yes...except for newlywed separation anxiety! :-) So, at 10:00, I told Keath...and now I am on my way to Guatemala. Amazing how life can change SO quickly! I went and started the passport process yesterday. It took QUITE A CHUNK of money. Don't anybody tell anyone it's only $60 to get a passport right now. Even un-expadited, it's up to $97. Add $88 to that and it's expadited. Yes, that's what I had to pay. But, souls last longer than money.

So, please pray for Matt and I in these three areas! Esp. for me as far as Guatemala goes. It is my first time to be on the leader side of a missions trip, and while EXCITED, I am also a little intimidated and deal with feelings of inadequacy. But, that is when I must remember "Not I, but Christ who lives within me." Biggest concern right now: Raising $1200 in only one month. But I know if God wants me to go, the money will be there.

And that is a breif update! I will try to be better at posting now that I DON'T WORK! Life as just a wife is GRAND! Housework is so much more enjoyable in the mornings...when you haven't already given four hours to business people.

Have a sunshiny day!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun idea Dawn!! It is a great opportunity to put all sorts of things out there for friends and family to see. I will be praying for everything!! Keep us posted!!
Oh, by the way... I'm going to add you to my favorite places!
xoxo, Deja

Christa Blakey said...

Dawn-
I love your blog! Thanks for sending me the link:). Sounds like you and Matt have some exciting stuff going on. You're in my prayers with your missions trip. I'll be reading frequently, glad to be in touch this way.
-Christa

Jaclyn said...

You changed the look of your blog, Dawn! I like it! And look, your email worked... new people are commenting!

Crista, I enjoyed reading your blog!

Anonymous said...

hey dawn, cool page! thanks for sending. always in my prayers. so glad God brought you and matt to ecc and our lives. i am sally of the peanuts characters. i did it on what i thought brents answers would be and got lucy for him (which seems appropriate) talk to you soon. the other dawn

Powered By Blogger