Thursday, June 16, 2005

Four by Four

Places I Love...

1) Maui, Hawaii - A beautiful place in the summer, and probably more gorgeous in spring! With it's clear aqua water and island dotted horizon, refreshment and relaxation is all you'll get! Go on the lucious green Road to Hana and you'll get adventure as you drive a road RIGHT on the cliffs of Maui and see those hole in the wall waterfalls. And you MUST not forget the ice cold, juice-down-your-chin pineapple chunk from a road side fruit stand. And the fact that it was my honeymoon makes it a favorite. ;-)

2) St. Thomas and St. John, US Virgin Islands - Strong trade winds will blow through your hair as the salty air tantalizes your nose. White sands offeset the deep blue that contains a myriad of firey colors found in coral and marine life. Dine at a screened in restaurant and experience dandelion leaves in your salad - a treat to be sure!

3) San Fransisco, California - A place that your heart will remain in! If you love city life, this is definitely a place to visit! Buildings everywhere, street cars, hills you wouldn't believe! One building even houses an ENTIRE level of Jessica McClintock dresses! Visit the famous Alcatrez and then eat at Fisherman's Warf on Pier 9. After dinner, gaze at all the seals basking in the sun. Don't forget to take a morning jog through the thick fog across the Golden Gate Bridge (take your mom with you, too!). And above all, the memory you will always hold in your heart of hearts is the grand performance of The Phantom of the Opera at a decadent play house.

4) Washington, DC - For art, history, science, and patriotism at its peak, WDC is the place to be. Going for a week's vacation...not nearly enough!!! There is ever so much to do in this splendid city. Monuments galore, museums a plenty, and honored graves all over. Exquisite architecture, too! There is not enough space in this post to tell of all that is so wonderful about WDC...so go for yourself and see!

Places I long to go...

1) Morocco - Ever since I went to Epcot Center in Disneyworld and saw the "world fair" they had, I have longed to go to Morocco. It was such an enchanting display of the mystery and beauty contained in such an ancient culture. I want to ride a camel in the desert. I want to see the Rock of Gibralter. I want to wear the luxurious fabrics and fine jewelry of that people. I want to see what life is really like over there!

2) Spain - Let me ride a horse across the open plains to an old Spanish castle. Let me taste REAL Spanish food. Let me bask in the Spanish sun on a beautiful beach. Let me see the matador dodge the furious bull. And finally, let me wear that red salsa dress and dance the night away with my Spanish husband!

3) Egypt and Israel - Close to the birthplace of civilization. Pyramids, the Sphinx, the Nile, the market place. All intriguing and mysterious to me like Morocco. But Israel? The place my Savior lived, died, and rose again!

4) Random places I want to see - Taj Mahal, the Heart of Africa, Stonehenge, the Statue of Liberty, an iceburg near Alaska, the Outback of Australia, the Sydney Opera House, the Eiffel Tower, Rome, and my brain is running out of fuel....

And we sit here so thankless for our place in this world! God has given us so MUCH to see and do! Now if only we will ask Him to help us do it!

1 comment:

Jaclyn said...

Egypt! I knew I forgot something! Israel too... and all the Middle East! You know what I would do if I got a million dollars.....

Powered By Blogger