Wednesday, June 22, 2005

US Citizen's Molina is Painted Clean

I have my official United Staes of America passport. I feel so official now! Now, if I go 20 times to foreign countries, it will almost be filled up. :-P Reading some of the advice that is contained in the passport is kinda scary. There are certain ways to lose your US citizenship. You have to be discrete in your clothing, where you carry your money, what kind of valuables you have, etc. "Contact the US Embassy" is all over the place. All things I knew subconsciously, but to see them written by my government? Sheesh! I love this part on the title page..."The Secretary of State of the United States of America hereby requests all whom it may concern to permit the citizen of the United States named herein to pass without delay or hindrance and in case of need to give all lawful aid and protection." Go USA! And, I am QUITE happy with my picture. I've seen nightmares of passport pictures before!

I have $580 so far. God provided all that in just two weeks! $620 to go!

I need to go look for fabric paint, sponge brushes, and rope today for the banners we are making to celebrate the completion of the new school. I found the children's home's website: http://aguavivahome.org/ Check it out if you get a chance so you know more about where we are going.

But, before all that, it's Bathrooms Wednesday. I used to clean the whole house on Friday's and have the other days to relax. But it's SO much easier to assign certain tasks to each day. For example: Quilting Monday, Laundry Tuesday, Bathrooms Wednesday, Dust/Windex Thursday, Floors Friday. Now my only problem is to not be idle in the afternoons!

6 comments:

Autumn said...

interesting new look for your blog.. I like colorful. Cool that you have a passport, you should let me see your photo! I like your cleaning method; it's a lot like what I did pre-Flylady, and actually I've been tinkering with thoughts of going back to that type of schedule.

We are broke right now (I can't even get a DESPERATELY-needed trim!) but shouldn't be for too long... I'm hoping to get a check to you before you leave.

Dawn said...

Autumn, please use what you would have given me to get a hair trim. I understand the penny-pinching that goes on in a budget. God will provide! I covet your prayers more than your money!

Yeah, I wanted to do something way different with my blog. Notice, it's my wedding flower colors! Thanks for commenting! It's soothing to my soul!

Autumn said...

oh please... my hairstyle (or lack of one, lol!) will do nothing for the kingdom of Christ!

Dawn said...

Hmm...very true. And a very healthy outlook! Thanks for keeping my thoughts focused!

Jaclyn said...

Hi girls... I like the blog's new look. You must be bored, done with cleaning or tired of tanning to be updating your blog! I wish I knew how to customize mine. Although, I like the template they already made...it suits me perfectly!

I remember reading my passport after I got it and thinking, "Okay, just be normal and no one will bother you! If they do, they have the great USA to deal with!" I am getting so excited for you! God will provide the needed funds! (I take it my guess of what was in the mailbox was WAY off...)

Christa Blakey said...

Hi Dawn-
How exciting to have your passport and be getting ready for your trip! I hope you have a safe and blessed time, how long will you be gone? I love the new look too.:)
-Christa

Powered By Blogger