Wow! I just went to my first Guatemala trip meeting. It was kind of overwhelming to walk in and know NO ONE except for Keath, the youth pastor. Got all my paperwork done...
...and met three of the girls on my team within the entire group. Aubree, Colleen, and Keaghlan (pronounced Kay-lyn, and yes it took me like three times to type it just now). They are such fun! Three different personalities with several common threads. I can already tell we are going to have a blast working with each other! Lord, why must you give me these attachments when Matt and I are in location limbo??? There is a time and a season for everything...and everyone...
On another note, we're still enjoying the rain from Arlene. Makes for getting lots of stuff done indoors...like typing up and prepping support letters for mailing. Kind of weird when you ponder how you can eek out the money for stamps JUST to send out letters to GET financial support. Me? I call that ironic. And an opportunity for God to shine in His provision. It's just stamps, but they sure can add up!
Off to write my letters....

No comments:
Post a Comment