What a beautiful day...and life!
Acts is the perfect study to do just before a missions trip! I can't wait to do todays. I have gotten at least one thing out of each chapter that is SO applicable to the Guatemala trip.
Chapter 1: Christ assured the apostles they would have the Holy Spirit's power THEN told them to go into all the world and preach the Gospel. A comfort and encouragement indeed! Soothing to the thoughts of inadequacy that pop up.
Chapter 2: Comfort from David in the Psalms - "I saw the Lord always in my presence; for He is at my right hand, so that I will not be shaken. Therefore my heart was glad and my tongue exulted; moreover my flesh also will live in hope." Soothing to the unknowns associated with this trip as well as being a leader this time around.
Chapter 3: "It is the name of Jesus which has strengthened this man whom you see and know; and the faith which comes through Him has given him this perfect health in the presence of you all." Shown to me just in time for lunch with Dawn tomorrow, a woman in my cell group that has MS and is praying and believing that God will heal her.
Chapter 4: "And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved....And when they had prayed, the place where they had gathered together was shaken, and they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak the word of God with boldness." Two verses that scream missions. The message and the power from God to speak the message. If you ask, He will help you do what He has called you to do!
And chapter 5 is today. :-) But first, chatting with some of my favorite people and then laying out. I've decided I should at least get a base tan before going to the equator high up in the mountains. And I wouldn't mind fitting in a little better with the Guatemalans. Say no to pasty white in Latin America. ;-) Can't say as much for the two FIREY RED heads that are on my team.....

1 comment:
Hi Dawn-
Great entry. I love the words of David from Psalms...how comforting they are. A base tan sounds like a good idea before your trip! Hope you're having a good day.
Blessings to you-
Christa
Post a Comment