Friday, April 01, 2005

"God is good"...

...is an UNDERSTATEMENT!

To continue with the weekend of the Seder meal: A thought from Palm Sunday's message...The definition of faith is "believing without needing to see proof." But why is this so key to the Christian faith? Waaay back when the 10 commandments were given, think of the first two that God said. "Thou shalt have no other gods before Me." "Thou shalt make no graven images." Right there God set up our "faith without seeing" Christianity. He knows how easy it is for fallen humans to lose sight of the real TRUTH if we can see something to worship. If we can see it, then we tend to hang our faith on what we see instead of what we should really be worshipping. And what we really worship, we can not see...for now. ;-) He is good!

On another note, this week has been VERY trying for Matt and I as we have been through a HUGE decision making process. Did the process end? Yes, but not because of anything we did. It is because of what God has done for us. We are not yet sure of the timing of things, but Matt was offered an EXTRAORDINARY job opportunity! There are those we will be sad to leave here in Jackson, but we are so very excited about this change! God is GOOD!

Matt and I feel so unworthy of all the blessings God keeps piling on us. We are learning all over again how sweet His grace and mercy is...and we fall to our knees in thanksgiving!

And with that, I'm going to go make my toes like Autumn's! Spring-like!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ARGH. Must know NOW. Okay, will buy phone card and call or you call me Sat afternoon, my night. Maybe my 9pm your 3pm? I don't know. I'll update you. Do you get my texts? Cause I'll text you.

Anonymous said...

Okay, no wallet, no card. Will buy and call Monday.

Powered By Blogger