Sunday, April 17, 2005

My Head Done Sneezed Off

Goodness...sure I'm having allergy issues...but I'm so tired of sneezing for today!

Good news from the allergist. Nothing serious is wrong, but I do have chronic sinusitis (inflamation of the sinuses), especially in my ethmoid cavities which run right between your eyes behind the bridge of your nose. I know the first of three treatments is antibiotics, but then the phone went dead and I haven't been able to get ahold of Dr. D since then. Hopefully I'll get a chance to talk to him tomorrow...in the few moments I will have to even breath.

Tomorrow is going to be a BUSY day. I spent from about 3:00 to 8:00 today cooking with a break for dinner at Paul and Tracie's. I made pasta fagoli soup, homemade breadsticks, cinamon/sugar tortilla chips (to go with the fruit salsa I'm making in the morning), and Hawaiian smokies (to feed 100 people twice!) The fagoli and bread is for dinner and also to take to a woman in need. The chips and salsa are for my quilting luncheon tomorrow. And the smokies are for the library open house tomorrow. I'd still like to know if I got chosen for the most difficult dish because the woman who dished them out knew I cooked. I had to wrap half a piece of bacon around 200+ smokies. Thankfully, my wonderful husband helped me the whole time and was so cheerful about it. He even went grocery shopping with me! It was so pleasant to have his help and support through all the cooking.

So tomorrow...wake up, get showered/dressed, put smokies in oven to bake, make fruit salsa, take smokies to school, go to quilting at 9:00, luncheon at 11:00, work at 12:45 to 4:30, dinner right away, stamping party with Tracie at 5:15 till who knows when. I dread Monday's because they are so so busy. The one day of the week that usually causes a melt down on Tuesday.

Gonna go put my aching back in bed...but I have pondered a bit what it must have been like for women in the olden days. No electrical conveniences. I thought I cooked all day? Not a chance compared to Marilla Cuthbert!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cooking cooking...I cooked lasagne for 20, but that does not compare. Can you imagine making lumpia for 100. Look on the bright side, we get to talk on Tuesday. TODAY, after Pilates, so probably about 3.30 pm...

Powered By Blogger