So, a little saga has developed with my Postman and me.
Every neighborhood usually has a regular post-person, and ours happens to be a nice guy. He and I have had a couple short, cordial conversations. Ok, cool.
A month or so ago, he brought a package to our door. When leaving, he said, "Have a nice day, Dawn." Say what? Ok, whatever. And he's called me that several times since. Even Mrs. [last name] would be better than Dawn.
A couple weeks ago, he delivered a package from my mom for my birthday. While signing for it, we carried on a conversation about how bitterly cold it was. As he turned to leave, he said, "By the way, you have a beautiful face." I stood there stunned in my no-makeup, hair-pulled-back, pajamas state. Ummmm...not ok.
Yesterday, Tara came over to watch the boys so I could go to the doctor. A package was delivered by Mr. Postman. Tara got to the door as he was trying to leave it between the door and storm door. He was startled and said he didn't think anyone was home. He then looked at Tara and said, "Oh, you're not Dawn." Errrrr.........
I like what Tara said her responses could have been:
1) No, I'm the other wife.
2) No, Dawn's the nanny. I'm the wife.
HA! I would have loved to see his reaction!
So whether he is just a little too friendly or kinda creepy, can I request a new postal worker? :-P

9 comments:
One of the other cheerleaders' dad is a postman...I'll ask her to ask her hubby what the best course of action is. His behavior is really inappropriate.
I like #1 of the possible responses.
Unless he gives off a creepy vibe, in which case replace him, he's prolly just being complimentary. It must be a lonely job to be a postal worker
:)
I agree with Michelle...lol :)
Our postal worker is friendly and likes our dog, but is female, so we're good. Yours sounds like The Office version of a postal worker.
I agree with Michelle as well. ha.
Ewww...That sounds a little weird to me. Our mailman is nice, but not THAT nice.
Reminds me of the older guy in the store the other day... "You look like a pretty girl, want to go out some time?" Ew, NO!
You might try to have someone at your home the next few times he comes so that if it gets too creepy, you'll be safe. Hopefully he's just being friendly!
Do you think he just wants to be a bright spot in every housewife's day? Maybe he tells every lady they have a pretty face; not saying your face isn't pretty Dawn. =) Too bad I wasn't quicker on my feet. I would have liked to see his response if I had said I was the other wife. LOL!
This is sooo funny! Can I say now how thankful I have always been to have 2 ladies who faithfully deliver my mail. I have been able to meet the mail truck everyday (give or take) for the last 3 years, building a relationship with them.
Now our UPS guy is another story. He is real friendly and I am very careful in the way I "visit" with him the 3-4 days a week he is here. Especially since he got divorced last year. Awkward! I still try to be nice and friendly, but it's hard when deliberately trying not to give the wrong idea. :)
Post a Comment