For the past few days, Judah has been telling me at 9:30 one of the following phrases:
1) I need a snack...because I'm coughing.
2) I'm coughing...because I need a snack.
?
Yesterday, we were watching Little Einstein. There's a part where you pat your legs to rev up Rocket...patting faster and faster...ending with raising your arms into the sky and shouting "Blast off!" Elijah has patted his legs for a long time at that part; but yesterday at the end, he raised his arms and said "Yast aaawww!" Too cute!
This next one is of a more sensitive nature, but since I'm pretty sure my current readers are all women...
Today, after lunch, I had to have a little talk with Judah about some behavior. After our successful talk, he looks at my shirt and asks, "Mommy, what's in there?" It took me a moment to figure out he was wondering what was "in" my shirt. I tried to keep it simple and just said, "It's just Mommy in my shirt." He pried again, "What's in there?" I said, "It's just Mommy -- it's my body."
Judah: Can I see it?
Me: No, we wear clothes...because...that's just what we do. [Oh dear.]
Judah: looks at himself "Where's mine?" [LOL LOL]
Me: Um, Judah, you're a boy. Mommy is a girl. Boys and girls are different.
Judah: Elijah is a boy.
And that's where he ended the conversation. :-P

2 comments:
I can totally relate to your story about Judah and your shirt. Both of my boys do that same thing...grabbing and then asking what it is. Mine are 4 and 5 though so I explain it a little more to them. But it is such a strange and awkward situation.
So funny! James had a similar experience with his nephew a few years ago. We were swimming with his nieces and nephews. Afterward, he wrapped a towel around his nephew's waist to dry off and a towel around his niece right under her arms. His nephew asked, "How come Grace's towel is higher than mine?" James just told explained that girls wear their towels up high, and boys wear them low. Thank goodness that was a good enough explanation for him!
Post a Comment