Friday, January 09, 2009

Kidisms

I think we may be entering the "Kids Say the Silliest Things" stage. I've been waiting for this! I will write in correct English so nothing is lost in translation. ;-)

Yesterday when we arrived at the mall's carousel, Judah pointed and exclaimed, "Look at that! That's clever!"

Today at lunch...

Judah: Mommy, I want to go to the store with you for granola bars.
Me: We'll see. I don't know when we are going to the store.
Judah: Uuummm...in thirty seconds.

After lunch while we were all doing our own thing, I explained to Judah that our friends Mrs. Michelle and Mrs. Tara were going to have babies...

Judah: Mommy's going to have a baby.
Me: No, I'm not. We'll have to pray and ask God to give us a baby.
Judah: Mommy's going to have a baby.
Me: No, sweetie, I'm not. Mrs. Michelle and Mrs. Tara are having babies.
Judah: I'm going to have a baby!
Me: No, boys can't have babies.
Judah: I'm going to have a baby!

Before nap time while changing Judah's diaper..."Mommy, I want to play faster"...which I figured out meant that he wanted to play longer before I layed him down.

The other day at dinner, Judah was telling Matt and I something and used the phrase "I'm serious"...correctly!

While sitting here doing my usual afternoon computer things waiting for Judah to fall asleep in his room, I heard him get up. He opened his door, came to my door, threw his socks in my room, ran in his room, shut the door, and got back in bed. Random! (still giggling over this one...)

Elijah is currently perfecting a few words:

Moh-ee (while pointing): more
Dah-dtoo (while signing please once...not sure why): thank you
Peesss (while signing please several times): please
Bah-boh: Bible
Ma-ma: Momma
Da-da: Daddy
No-no: no
sss (while nodding head): yes

Still working on:
sssss (while signing drink in his own little way): drink

Elijah is evermore the mischievious child. He has gotten to the point where when Judah calls to me that Elijah is touching the DVDs, Elijah immediately runs away before he even sees me coming. (I'm trying to teach him that his sin will find him out by the example of Momma knowing when he's touched the DVDs because some are moved out of place.) Or when he's standing on the coffee table and sees my body even move that direction, he tries to get down as fast as he can. He's strong willed but sensitive in spirit -- fancy that. Sounds like his mother. :-P

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The talk you had with Judah about babies is hilarious! :)

Anonymous said...

Haha! Too cute! Conversations with children are precious...I love incident with the socks. What is it with 2 yr. olds and socks?!

Tara said...

LOL! If Judah wants to have the baby for me, you tell him that I'm fine with it.

Lisa said...

I love it! Tell Judah to save a "kidism" for me tomorrow ;-)

Powered By Blogger