Judah: BALL!
Me: No, what letter is this.
Judah: No. (meaning I don't know)
Me: It's a Y. Can you say Y?
Judah: Y!
Me: ...is for?
Judah: Ball!
Me: No, that's a yo-yo. Can you say yo-yo?
Judah: It's a striiiing for the baaalll!
Me: No, it's not a ball. It's a yo-yo. Can you say yo-yo?
Judah: It's a ball with a striiiing!
Kids. He is right though -- it does look like a ball with a string.
At 10:00, this is what Judah said to me:
"I'm coughing so I need a snack. I need a snack because I'm...I'm...having trouble. I'm having trouble so I need a snack...because I'm...I'm...I'm having trouble. I'm hiccuping. I'm hiccuping so I need a snack." (which he's not doing anything but asking for a snack)
I got a new water bottle the other day. The brand is Intak (and it's PURPLE!). It has a little dial on it so you can track how many 20 oz increments you had that day. I got through 2 yesterday. Gotta build up my stamina! This is the first of my small steps to get back on track with a healthy lifestyle. I figure drinking more water was a small, important, and easy first step.
It's so weird to glance outside throughout the day and still see snow. It'll be gone after today. We're supposed to have a warming trend -- all the way up to 51! Down right hot! :-P
Well, since she updated her Facebook page and is officially public, I am proud...oh so happy...to write the following...
1) My middle name is a family heritage from both my mom and grandmother.
2) I was born in Salmon, ID.
3) Neither Matt nor I had jobs until a whole month after our wedding. That's faith!
4) I used to be crazy about purple, then aqua, then coral...and now back to purple, though not quite as all-out as it used to be.
5) I have a dream to get some art (whether painted or edited photos) for our bedroom of the places Matt went to in Europe done in our bedroom colors of sea green, cream, and yellow. It's beautiful in my head!
6) I have a big fork and spoon from Hati (by way of my mom-in-law) hanging in our dining room -- and how it got there is similar to one particular epsiode of Everybody Loves Raymond in which Frank and Marie have a large fork and spoon on their kitchen wall. Uncanny.
7) I will barely get to see my husband on Valentines Day this year since I will be leaving EARLY am on a youth retreat. :-(
8) I love Psalm 139 and Proverbs 4:18.
9) I get to have my first eye appointment with glasses today...it's been two years since I got my glasses. Should be interesting to see if my vision has changed at all.
10) I could sew all day if I had unlimted time and resources! Thanks for the new machine, Dad and Momma!!!
11) For pleasure, I'm reading Alice in Wonderland. You thought the movie was wierd? READ it.
12) My number one least favorite household chore is cleaning the shower -- I HATE grout and tile.
13) For our next child (when God sees fit), we are pretty sure we have a girl's name but have no clue about a boy's name.
14) An ultimate date dream I have is to see Josh Groban in concert WITH Matt. We got close on Inauguration night when they were interviewing a soldier about her dance with the President...and Josh Groban could be seen playing/singing on a big screen behind them. He was there, live, and we were on our couch! :-P
15) I feel that 27 is a very in-between, nondescript age. Just like 17 and 19 were.
16) I love my honeysuckle perfume from Bath & Body Works. Reminds me of being pregnant with Elijah when I so fell in love with the scent that my mom bought me some.
17) Tortilla chips are my weakness.
18) It bugs me that we have a purple wall in our living room and dishes that look great with it...but only red table linens.
19) I never saw myself as an SUV person. But now it's hard to see myself without it.
20) I am the admin assistant for our youth group.
21) I love to get colorful, vibrant flowers! The rich hues, the contrast of colors and textures...it really is theraputic and brings such refreshment to my soul. Perhaps because it is a glimpse of God's amazing eye for beauty! I got such a rush the other day when I saw a few sleeves of daffodils and remembered they are everwhere in spring.
22) I really miss my sapphire/diamond ring that got lost in a pool back in California. It's been 5 years, and I still mourn its loss. :-(
23) My favorite guitar chord is E minor.
24) I have a blanket I seriously call "heaven" because of the incredible soft, sleep-inducing warmth it gives.
25) The computer is a time-wasting temptation for me. ;-)

2 comments:
This is random...but I totally agree with you about your least favorite chore! I ABSOLUTELY hate cleaning showers! It seems like no matter how hard I scrub...it never looks totally clean. lol
Did you bring "heaven" on the retreat? I don't remember seeing it...
Post a Comment