Let's see...
Valentine's Day -- We put the kids to bed, and Matt went to get Outback takeout while I set up the living room floor for a candlelit picnic. We got an offer for a babysitter, but staying in really appealed to us. No crowds, no packing the boys into the car, no waking them up to take them home, etc. The food was so delicious! I always get one of two things from Outback, but this time I branched out. I got their Bloomin' Burger, a hamburger with some bloomin' onion petals and sauce. Now, if Outback's steaks are good, it stands to reason that their hamburger is the BEST...juicy, tender...::licks lips:: Man, now I want one this minute! We danced a little and then tried to watch Prince Caspian -- and promptly konked out. We knew we wouldn't make it through the movie, but I thought we'd last a little longer than we did. Hey, we're parents of two high energy boys. Can you blame us?
Sweetheart Banquet -- A second celebration of Valentine's Day. The Men's Ministry sponsors this event for their sweehearts. Good food, lovely decor, handsome husbands and lovely ladies, FUN dancing...
Second Half of February Sickness -- Judah got sick (we think the flu), then Elijah and I. Both boys had ear infections and asthma trouble but are almost back to full health thanks to antibiotics. I, however, am about to start a different round of antibiotics since the first kind obviously didn't work on my sinus infection. God has answered prayer and kept Matt healthy all this time! Oh yes, we also discovered that I have a bulging disc in my lower back. I went through about three weeks of physical therapy which helped tremendously. I not longer have to go to physical therapy, but I do need to remember to do my exercises at home -- I've already noticed that my back is more tender because I haven't done them in a few days. :-
Big Wonderful News -- Matt and I get to have a little vacation alone at the end of April to witness my best friend Jaclyn get married! So exciting in multiple ways! Pray God provides for all our financial needs during this time of medical bills, taxes, and wedding fun!
Judah -- He's singing alot, recognizes almost all the letters of the alphabet, and is starting to get into imaginative play with his toys. It's so fun to watch and listen to! He'll be THREE on Tuesday. Yowsa! Pray for us -- we've been telling him for a while that birthday 3 is a big one. Big potty and no more thumb sucking. I think Matt and I are going to have just as hard a time as Judah is.
Elijah -- Woo, energy. He is such a ball of cuteness (or terror if you cross him). He has also gotten into singing, though I think Matt and I are the only ones that could tell you what he's singing. ;-) Here's a list of developing words:
Bye-bih: Vitamin
Dah-too: Thank you
Beeh: Please
Dah: Judah
Nooooo: Snow (said in a soft high tone)
Ah-fuh: Waffle
Ssss: Cheers (to which he holds out his glass for you to tink with your own)
I'm pretty sure he "said" Lucky Charms yesterday.
Snow -- It's still odd but cool to know I live in a place now that will have snow every winter...and snow that lasts for more than a day!
And now I'm going to finish watching Lost. :-D

3 comments:
I just recently tried the Bloomin' Burger for the first time too! I tried it last weekend when my family went to Outback for a belated 16th for my sister. I totally agree! It was very yummy! :) Also, I hope your whole family starts to feel better soon.
hey, we had the bloomin' burger last night! It was delish. Oh, and for our V-day celebration we tried to watch The Dark Knight. I didn't make it through half (hey, pregnant and mom of toddler), so I had to watch it alone the next day, which is okay, because N pretty much had to watch it alone the night before. ahh, married with kids life!
I'll have to try that burger--sounds yummy...hope Judah has a wonderful birthday!:)
Post a Comment