You know you've watched Cars alot when the following starts to occur:
1) You think to yourself "This is what it would be like to drive next to Mac" as you pass a semi truck.
2) You start saying Ka-Chow in casual conversation.
3) You often have "Real Gone" and "Life is a Highway" playing in your head.
I got to go on a mini-shopping spree at Kohls yesterday -- by myself -- thanks to my dear hubby. I was able to get some in-between-jeans, a long denim skirt, and two shirts. They all were on sale. One of the shirts was only $4.80! I love the skirt. It'll be great for all seasons depending on what shoes and shirt I wear with it, especially winter. One of the shirts is kind of trendy for my taste, but Matt and I both like it. It is SO hard to go shopping by yourself. The $4.80 shirt came in three colors, and deciding on which color is probably what took me the longest. :-P Light blue won out over red or teal.
We had our apt. exterminated for ants (again) yesterday. We have to be away for four hours when that happens, so we went to Monterey. Matt had to TURN IN HIS THESIS DRAFT (praise the Lord in heaven!), and then we decided to drive past Carmel to see the "beauty" everyone has been talking about. Matt even heard on Today Show that our area is one of the 10 most beautiful places in the country (not Salinas, but the Central Coast of Cali). No kidding! It was absolutely, unequivocally gorgeous! We leave in 22 stinkin' days and we JUST now saw what we have lived right next to. If you want to get a feel for what Hawaii looks like without actually going, take this drive. Way better than the 17-mile Drive that you have to pay $9 for (if you've even heard of it). We're going to take Matt's parents on the free coastal drive when they are here...and I'll remember our camera that time! G.o.r.g.e.o.u.s. We capped off our four hours with lunch at Wendy's where Judah received his very first kids' meal of chicken nuggets and mandarin oranges...and of course the toy. It was a fun experience. :-)
You know you've watched Blues Clues when:
1) You sing the "Here's the Mail" song (with correct voice intonation) when you go get the mail.
2) You notice that your husband and Steve have the same dancing skills...or lack there of.
3) You realize you are actually learning the sign language Steve subtly throws into the program.
Judah has started clearly addressing me as Momma now. Melts my heart! Every day it seems like he is babbling more and forming new sounds and syllables. His eyelashes are having a growth spurt to -- a strange observation, I know. His two favorite toys right now are my salad spinner and a remote control car "Elijah" got him. The other day, I was thinking about how I would feel and what I would do if Judah's life was threatened in any way. Woah man, the feelings that welled up in my heart -- I think I am starting to understand the depth and ferocity of a mother's love. And along with that comes the understanding that you just can't understand a mother's love until you are one. It's quite surprising to one's self.
You know what else melts my heart? Today, on Elijah's one month birthday, he focused on my eyes and smiled when I spoke to him...and then cooed. I love my sons. And don't you wish they made adult sized cushy swings??
For those who know and love Patrick the Plant, pray for his survival. :-) I repotted one piece of him to give to a friend here, and the other piece is now in a ziploc bag with some soil...for the next three weeks, part of which he will spend in a box crossing the USofA. I have a feeble faith that he will survive considering all he has seen these past seven years. A one month stint in front of a dorm room heater without being watered (remember that, Leesh?). Multiple splits and repottings. An airplane ride in a ziploc resting in my grandmother's carry-on. And I have shipped a piece of him to SoCal where Patrick's other first parent lives (a roomie from college). So, press on, sweet Patrick. Stay true to me! You have been my pride and my joy -- my one little act of having dominion over the earth, my connection to nature as I nurture you. You're the only pet I've ever had that I am not irritated with nor allergic to. Keep up the good life, Lil' Buddy!
I think it's about time for me to start working out a little. I've discovered firsthand muscles really aid the skeleton, especially while sitting. I hunch way over 99% of the time and I'm sick of it. Having close pregnancies certainly took it's toll. I feel like a jello mold with a few sticks inside trying to hold it up. :-P
You know you've watched Veggie Tales a few times when:
1) You tell your husband "Get thee to a Starbuckery" as a spoof on the play Omlet in which Jimmy Gourd tells toast-searching Mr. Lunt "Get thee to a bakery."
2) You wake up with Veggie Tale songs in your head.
3) You use Jr. Asparagus expressions (and sometimes his voice) in casual conversation.
Matt and I got a couple good coupons for those new Listerene whitening strips that dissolve. So we're splitting a box to see how well it works. For one person, you are supposed to do it twice a day for 2 weeks. So we're each doing it once a day for two weeks. Even after just 3 days, we can already see results. So if you've been wondering whether or not to try it, I say go for it!
Elijah has not liked bath time one iota except for the other night. Matt went to Starbucks to FINISH HIS THESIS (praise the Lord in heaven!), and I gave Lijah a bath by myself. He usually is crying even before you set him in the little tub and then ramps up even more. That night he was just quiet and calm. So I got some video. He stayed that way even while I washed him...until I poured water on his legs. Still a work in progress, but aren't we all?
Dude. I found While You Were Sleeping at Target for $5.50. Has to be one of my ALL time favorite movies, and I finally own it. Matt picked up The Quiet Man for $4.00 at Best Buy. Good times. :-)
Alright, I guess I could be napping instead of rambling. Elijah has taken to staying awake from 7:00 to 10:30 in the evenings (not good for anyone involved), but he is actually sleeping right now. Perhaps the wakefulness on previous evenings was due to my full cup of coffee a couple days ago? Oh, that reminds me. Let me boast a little then I'll sign off.
I have the best husband in the world. I know some of you would contest that, but he really is the greatest. ;-) Wednesday morning, Matt was going to polish his thesis draft so he could turn it in that afternoon. Elijah had kept me up for a long time Tuesday night, so I flat out told Matt he was going to have to let me nap that morning. It was the first time I had right priorities when I knew it would affect someone else -- functioning wife or finished draft. I realized functioning wife was indeed more important. So I napped, hoping Matt would still be able to polish the rest of his draft. I slept for two glorious hours, finally walking to our bedroom door around 9:00. Just before I got to the door, it opened. Judah walked in followed by Matt...who was carrying a plate of eggs, toast, and fresh fruit salad. He even had a nice napkin draped over his arm! The tasty coffee waited for me at the table. ::sigh:: God has blessed me above and beyond, that's for sure. Matt didn't get to work on his thesis that morning, so he simply e-mailed his advisor and turned it in on Thursday. It's amazingly wonderful to see and feel how a family flourishes when you put your spouse's needs first -- when you do, it seems that all needs are met on both sides. ::warm fuzzies::
And with that, I'm gonna go nap. If I can get the Cheeseburger song out of my head. "Cause you're his cheeseburger, his lovely cheeseburger........"

2 comments:
Look at those chubs on Elijah! What a happy growing boy he is. A month already! What in the world! Sounds like there is a lot of love in the Esparza household, thanks for sharing it all.
And yes, I hope Patrick makes it safe and sound across th country. From the sounds of it, I think it will take a nuclear airstrike to destroy that plant. His better half (or 7th?) is residing happily on our microwave getting about as much water as he did our freshman year, and doing just as well. He does have one yellow leaf though. Hmm. Maybe those radioactive microwaves aren't that good for him. Like I said, nuclear strike, that's the only thing that will finish off this plant!
We have both been totally blessed with good men. And I agree with you about putting each other first... it's amazing how the needs get met that way. I enjoyed a lovely breakfast in bed today, too! ;) I hope it won't be too long before we get to see each other. I miss you, and I'm itching to see my nephews and bro-in-law!
Post a Comment