Monday, August 06, 2007

She's Back!

Yep, it's really me this time. I hope no one is in a tizzy if they did not receive a call/return call from me yet. Frankly, this time around, I'm alot more relaxed and mosy-posy about getting things done that aren't as important as caring for Elijah and my own body.

Things are going GREAT...Elijah only woke up once to nurse last night, which means we got two really good sleep sessions in. And he's just now a week old. Praise the Lord! He is SUCH a strong child, unusually so. But I'm not too surprised considering how he felt on the inside. He already picks up his head and turns it from side to side (did it at 5 days old and we got video). He seems to be mellowing a little, but I still think he will be a little fireball -- complete opposite of mellow Judah.

At first, Judah would giggle and shy away from Elijah. But now Judah has warmed up to Elijah and gives him kisses (sometimes voluntarily!) and likes to practice his skills at pointing out facial features -- including poking at the eyes. Judah has been fussy and extra disobedient lately, most likely due to both the family change and major teething. He's getting I think about 5 teeth right now (molars and incisors).

As far as myself, nursing is MUCH better the second time around since at least one of us knows what we're doing. :-P And I think Elijah has just taken to it much quicker than Judah. My incision is healing well. I'm only on heavy motrin now instead of vicatin (only took two of those since we got home). Each day is better than the last, and my confidence that I'll be ok by the time my mom leaves is growing. The only interesting note about the c-section is that they hit a nerve in my back when they were numbing me...and my entire left leg jumped and got a funny bone feeling. Didn't hurt; but I gotta tell ya, it's WEIRD to have someone ELSE move your leg because they're in your spine. ::shiver:: Other than that, it went off without a hitch. Dr. G said that everything inside was beautiful, meaning that I healed very nicely. Oh, and apparently Elijah's head was in the exact same position Judah's was...which means the chance that time would have repeated itself were very high. Interesting, huh?

We had our first family-of-four plus Nini outing yesterday. It ended with melt-down. Judah was already tired and hungry when we got there. Things went downhill from there. He popped open a packet of crackers and made a mess all over the table and Matt -- pure hilarious accident and the first time we left a restaurant with a messy table. Judah also had his first major choking incident (french fry)...it was scary, but obviously he's ok. Then he just started getting so fussy and ornary, so Matt took him to the car to discipline him. The discipline took place in the back seat...and then Matt realized the child locks were on. So he had to climb into the front seat to get himself and Judah out. But as they were getting out, I was walking up with Elijah who had just woken up and wanted to eat. And of course all of this happened nearly simultaneous with our food arriving. So we boxed it all up, sat in the parking lot while I fed Elijah, and then journeyed home. The traffic to Salinas would have been better to battle rather than heading to Gilroy for lunch to wait it out. We know now...and are EVER thankful Nini was present to help during the melt-down!

Enough talk for now. Pictures and video are better...and I want to nap while I can!

At the Hospital...



Coming Home...



First Home Bath & Church Outfit...




Judah Meets Elijah



5-Day Old Head Turn



Precious Lil' 'Lijah


9 comments:

Sarah said...

WOW! That head turning is impressive! I think the first time Luke did that was this week - and he's a month old! I think I might have waited a little too long to "introduce" tummy time to him though. :)

Alicia said...

aw, those videos were soo precious! That will be a fun one to show the bothers later on in life what it was like the very first time they met. Congratulations again, you happy family of four, and hopefully just as you mastered going out to eat as "three", you will quickly do the same as "four!"

I still can't believe my old roomie has 2 kids! What on earth!

Lola said...

Adorable. Thank you.

Jaclyn said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you... I cannot wait to talk with you when you are done being so relaxed. :-P I am praying for you and am SO excited he slept that long! YAY!!!!

I love you!!!!! Wish I was there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Two favorite pics . . . the one of Elijah's sweet curly hair, and the one of the boys in the backseat - so cute!!!
Glad to hear you are doing better . . . I'll be checking in on ya as your mom leaves to see if you need anything!
Talk soon!

Anonymous said...

What a cutie!

It's kinda funny seeing him wearing his hospital shirt. Bella had the same exact shirt when she was born, but it was always up around her neck because we couldn't keep it down over her potbelly! :)

Again, I'm so happy for you!

Anonymous said...

I love the video of Elijah determined to look the other way. What a cutie. I wish I could see him.

Anonymous said...

I love the video of Elijah determined to look the other way. What a cutie. I wish I could see him.

Autumn said...

miss you! I want to kiss that baby soooo badly!!! Tell Judah Auntie Auttie loves him.

Powered By Blogger