We enjoyed our couple hours alone in pre-op as just the two of us. Here was our formalwear for our last pre-two-kids date. :-)

Once they pulled Elijah out, they quickly showed him to me and then scampered off to clean him while Matt took pics. After they cleaned Elijah, Matt brought him back to me so I could get a good look at him. I didn't cry -- which surprised me. In fact, I never cried over Elijah's birth. Again, I guess 14 hours of labor followed by c-section would make any woman a wreck when she sees her baby (as happened with Judah). Anyway, this is a pic the nurse took of our first moments together. My face is as big as it felt, no lie. I guess all the pressure and medical work that was going on with my body made my face swell a touch. :-P And as a sweet note, my anesthesiologist (a very cool gal) told me my heart rate increased when they brought Elijah over and went back down when he left again. I think that's very endearing. <3

After Matt introduced me officially to Elijah, they took him off to be bathed and such while Dr. G and the ladies finished up with me. Then it was off to recovery for about an hour, and then we got our own room...later to be upgraded to a different room after Dr. G came in and smelled some sort of exhaust that apparently I had gotten used to. I was on drugs -- what did I care? :-}

The Saturday after Elijah was born, we had a garage sale with the Chews. Yeah, I'm nuts like that; but I was seriously ready to get rid of stuff. I took this pic at their house when he was 4 days old. And we got a whole new set of dishes from Kohls with the profit. I'll post about that later.

Judah really is a kind and gentle big brother. These two pictures were of the first time we caught Judah approaching Elijah and interacting with him one-on-one. It is precious to watch him with Lijah. He likes to kiss him, point out body parts, pat his back, stroke his hair...and most recently has been interested in just how exactly Elijah eats. It's made for some interesting interactions, that's for sure.

And now for the return of digi-pics. :-) We love all of these -- and we love our family!

7 comments:
::sigh:: I wish I was still there. I can really tell in your face that you are loosing the pg weight. Thanks for posting all those pics.
Thank you for posting all these pictures!!! I cannot believe it, yet, two kids. :-) Pinch me, someone, please?
I love you!
Hi, Dawn,
Don't know if you remember me. I lived on your wing our freshman year at Masters but I left the next year. Anyway, you have a BEAUTIFUL family...congrats on the cute boys. :)
Anna (Petersen) Anderson
Wow, you look so pretty in that pict. of you in the gown before Elijah was born. Sometimes it freaks me out that my college roommate has two children. Sheesh, when did we get so old!? Elijah is adorable, and what a blessing that Judah is being so sweet to him.
Love,
Alicia
Your family is so beautiful!!! Thanks for the pictures, and yes...you're crazy for doing a yard sale so soon! But, hey...you got new dishes. :)
Hey, guess who's having a baby?
...
Keath and Sara. Baby number 3. Just found out last night at youth.
Read my blog. As soon as you have time. Since I can't call you.
Post a Comment