We are not getting by.
We are thriving in this new life!
God has been so good and gracious to us with our new addition and all the adjustments he has brought to our family. Elijah is officially already on a good 3-hour schedule and only waking once in the middle of the night. I havn't taken any pain meds for my c-section recover in several days -- just some for a couple headaches. Judah is still mostly gentle with Elijah, and I believe he is already getting used to having a new baby around. No jealousy issues or anything have popped up (yet). Today was my first day alone with both boys for a few hours while they were awake. It was QUITE manageable, better than I expected for a toddler and a newborn. I know my day is coming when they are both up and around, but for now I will enjoy this particular stage! NOTE: I still claim that the easiest phase of parenting is pregnancy. Make no mistake. :-)
If you remember, I once posted about my friend from Bible study Kristin who was pregnant with Samuel. She was induced today. The delivery went well, and they were able to spend 50 precious minutes with Samuel before he went to his permanent Home. Kristin is doing well and will be in the hospital overnight. Thank you for your prayers for them, and continue to pray for them as the healing begins.
Judah had his first shaving accident on Sunday. We let him "pretend" with Matt's electric razor. I was in the kitchen doing dishes, and Judah tripped up a little in the living room. No crying or anything, so I went about my way. Suddenly, Matt calls out to me with an urgent tone. I go back to our bathroom where he and Judah were -- with Judah's chin all bloody. My first thought was that he had busted his chin open when he tripped but wasn't phased by it. When I wiped the blood off (God bless having red bathroom linens), there were three perfect little cuts. We figure it was from the little part you pop out on the electric razor. So he had a nice bandaid-ed chin for church. Lots of people, it seems, heard it through a quick moving Grace Vine. :-P
Judah LOVES my salad spinner and colander bowl set. Keeps him occupied for a LONG time. He figured out that if you bang that cabinet long enough, the child lock will pop enough to allow the door to open. No, the other cabinets don't do that. No worries. He also still likes to occasionally "lounge" in his crib. How you can sleep like that without hurting your legs when you try to turn over, I still don't understand!
GUESS WHO CAME TO VISIT! Our beloved Jensens! They made a trip up here from SoCal just to see us. It was so nice to be with them. We love them very much, our California parents (now California "grandparents"). ;-) Visiting with them only made us miss them more...and we PRAY that they will come visit the DC area so we can see them again. He is a World History prof after all, so he'd better plan at least a couple more trips to the East coast! Also, Matt and Jeff started talking about the possibility of Matt accompanying Jeff on his month long Europe tour next June-ish. That's right. A month and up to $5,000. My only issues are those, time and money. Of course, I'd LOVE to see all the sights with my hubby; but who am I to say no to such an opportunity just because I can't go? Am I not one with Matt? So if at least half of me can go, that counts for something, right? :-)
Doesn't Elijah just have the most perfect skin tone? We can tell he's already gaining weight. Even his little fingers look bigger. He's just so precious!
Diane gave me a new, beautiful pie dish kind of as a housewarming gift for MD. I like the depth/shape of the dish, and Matt likes pie. My mom bought some cherries and a cherry pitter while she was here. So today, I made my very first FRESH cherry pie. Let's just say it was easy to make and beautiful...before I cut it. I've never seen a runnier fruit pie (yes, I did include the cornstarch). The bottom crust wasn't 100% baked. But it was still a good fresh cherry pie -- and if you haven't tried Target brand (Market Pantry) vanilla ice cream, you're missing out!!!

Well, I redid our fridge calendar yesterday. Funny enough, the LAST day that made it on there was September 22nd. The day we move to MD. The day we leave our wonderful life here in CA and start anew on the other side of the country. Only 37 days. Very bittersweet. Pray for us!

3 comments:
What an enjoyable post. Judah is such a little man, I love the striped sweater outfit. So he cut his chin on an electric razor?? I didn't know you could do that. ::sigh:: sweet Elijah. I can tell from the pic he is gaining weight. The boppy pic is so good. He looks great in that dark blue. Your pie *looked* beautiful :) I can't wait to see you in 36 days :D
wow you have so much going on! it made me smile to see your calendar... I hope someday we get to live daily life together in the same city.
Wow, how fun to see Prof. Jensen again, that is so sweet that they came up to see you. Glad all is well with you and that you are adjusting well, Elijah seems like a really sweet baby. He's pretty cute too! Good luck packing and getting ready for your move. I wish I was there to help!
Post a Comment