Our stuff is on a truck somewhere. A few highlights from the two moving days:
- One of the packers was from Monticello, AR.
- Another packer, who shares my love of Dove chocolates, actually asked if he could have some. I said yes, to have as many as he wanted and to not even pack them. I had only used/eaten about 10 from the bag. At the end of the day, there were maybe 10 left. After the second day, I came home to a husband that said the guy had eaten all but 1 of the rest...and the last one was eaten by...my husband.
- Lois, a sweet lady from church, came to be with me and the boys on Tuesday. We had a lovely time getting travel stuff at Target and then lunch at Subway. Sitcom moment: As Elijah was fussing in my arms, I was trying to feed Judah who had gotten stuck in the awning of his stroller which I fixed with my foot because my other hand that was not holding Elijah was holding my phone trying to take care of borrowing details with Karen. This was after the Sitcom Moment of getting a call from our dentist while feeding a very squirmy and fussy Elijah and the girl kept asking about the baby she heard crying (boy or girl, how old, etc.). Just let me get off the phone, woman! :-P
- Wednesday, I took the boys over to Dianes to play with Rachel and have some lunch. Diane invited Anna and her kids (Ezekiel and Emma from previous post) over, and another lady from church also came over. It was fun and lunch was delicious. Judah wanted me to pick him up while I was trying to finish my lunch. I told him no and to go play. He went straight for Diane and motioned for her to pick him up. It is so precious to me to see how comfortable he is with the Chews. And it just kills me that he won't remember them. =..-(
- Everything got down the stairs fine. It's just that our big ol' mattress knocked an outside lantern. It still works, but it's kinda hangin' off the wall.
The following pictures are of our master bath in which we put all the things we are keeping for the next two weeks...utter chaos. It's much better now. There are also a couple videos of a boxy apartment...and our current "camping" situation.

Sweet CHUNKY 'Lijah. These little shoes always looked stupid on Judah because he had stick legs. Elijah fills them quite nicely. We're about to move to size TWO diapers for the kid because his thighs are so...beefy? Not many people have said who he looks like. With Judah, everyone would always immediately say "He looks just like Matt." So what do you think, Reader? Does Elijah resemble anyone yet?
I had my 6-week check-up with Dr. G this morning...and it was our final visit to him. It was quite pleasant. We got a picture with him because he did deliver our children afterall. He had MUCH to say and tips to give for our time in MD, both with the winter weather and places to visit. As far as myself, I'm doing great. I'm only one pound over my pre-Judah weight. So I'm basically right back where I started a little over two years ago. :-P Here are two pieces from my recent Kohls shopping spree.
Here is a cute father/son pic of getting the wireless out from under the crib so we could have internet for these two weeks. Could you imagine being completely cut off from the world for that long? ;-)
On Monday, we worked on getting all the stuff we wanted to keep with us in our bathroom. This bird was just sitting on our porch when Matt got the paper that morning. I walked up to it, and it finally flew away when I got really close. A couple hours later, it was sitting on our balcony railing. It sat there for at least an hour while Matt was getting boxes out of our storage closet. Not sure what was wrong with it, but it was funny to see Matt so apprehensive about a silly bird.
Matt just has a little editing to do on his thesis. We fly away from this place for good only two weeks from tomorrow. So strange. Time is moving forward, but I am not. I'm pretty sure tears will fall as our plane ascends. But God is good, and I know life will be just as great in MD as it has been here. It's just hard to see that on this side of the country.

5 comments:
I get teary reading about your move and I am not even the one moving! I think I am teary for selfish reasons, though, because your post makes me miss you to the core of my being. I should have soaked in the days when we used to chat for hours on end... are those days gone forever? ::sigh:: I love you.
Welcome to the world of chunky babies! :) I'm glad you all are doing so well! But I wish that you were driving across country again so we could see each other's kiddos. You were pregnant with Judah last time you came through here.
in the set of 4 'Lijah pics, the last one reminds me a lot of YOU... I think he's got your lips! :) And that's one of my favorite things about him. He is growing like a weed!
And that is one FAT bird.
Wish I could be part of the process. I miss you and know you're going through a lot.
Okay, so, seriously, a MAN ate all of your Dove chocolates!? He should really be embarassed because eating all of your Dove chocolates would be like a girl cleaning out all the beer in the fridge, it just doesn't work. Some foods are just made for women. Chocolates are one of them.
I can see more of you in Elijah, and I think both boys get cuter every day. Cute new clothes, and you look GREAT! So, if you're flying, than how is your new car gonna get to MD? Just being nosy. I like the bathroom set up, hopefully you don't need to use it any time soon!
Ah, doncha just love moving!
Good luck with the next few weeks!
I think Elijah looks like a very healthy baby Judah. There are differences, yes, but as he starts to thin I bet he looks more like Judah. Matthew was a very very chubby baby, too. They are both beautiful boys and have parts of both you and Matthew in their faces.
Post a Comment