Monday, August 20, 2007

Three and Five

This marks three weeks post-Elijah's birth...and only five weeks before we permanently depart for the other coast. Things are still moving along well. Elijah has some issues with wanting to be held when it is time to go to sleep. He's fine being on his own until that particular moment comes. We're working on it though. Matt encouraged me yesterday by telling me he is proud that I haven't made excuses and let things go just because I have two kids. That was so good to hear from my husband. ::whew:: We have discovered, though, that my mind says I can do more than my body is ready for. One walk to Target and I'll hurt all the next day. Oh well. At least I'm ok 99% of the time. :-) Judah is growin' growin'. Babbling more and increasing his vocabulary. He has now added "Where is it?," "What is it?," "Where is the car?." car, and hi. He's still working on those teeth. Sheesh -- I think he's only got two more that need to pop through. Praise the Lord for women who share advice. We got some of these herbal teething pills that women swear by. I am now going to join them in advocating Highlands teething pills!

Well, I need to get some lunch for the Judah-man and myself. Enjoy the pics!

Daddy and Elijah takin' a snooze.



Family time!



The other day, Matt asked me if I had put Judah's shoe on him. Nope. Judah put his own shoe on by himself! A few minutes later, he had both of them on. ::sigh:: They do grow so fast! Oh, and yesterday (by pure accident I'm sure) Eljiah rolled from tummy to back...TWICE. The kid is a Samson-type. No lie.

6 comments:

Jaclyn said...

You have two children. WHAT? When did this happen? I mean, just yesterday we you were newly married and in TN!

Ok, sorry. :-)

Elijah's eyes are beautiful. You look and sound like you are thriving with them...

I love you!!!!

Anonymous said...

You shoulda named him Samson...

Kathie said...

The pic of Matt and Elijah napping...fresh tears are falling, such a sweet pic. The one of you and the boys...Elijah looks like he is smiling and you...you look beautiful!! That is my new desk top. Last but not least, the pic of Elijah with his eyes open...is it just the picture or has he really chubbed up that much?? I love you! only five weeks??!! yea!!!

Hong and Tami Kim said...

cute kidos!!!!
Hylands Homeopathic Teething Tablets are GREAT! I have them sitting right her next to me! Since Evie is still little I am disolving 2 of them in a little bit of water first. But, she still needs infant tylenol every once in a while. Those cutting teeth sure makes them cranky!!!

Anonymous said...

Adorable pictures, Dawn. I'm so glad to hear that all is well. I'm praying for you!

Crystal said...

Oh my gawsh...you have such ADORABLE children! Really, they are so cute they make me wanna squeeee! What a beautiful family! And go Judah! Puttin' yer shoes on by yourself can be a tough thing LOL. I will pray for you with the stress of moving thing. We actually might be moving ourselves. Of course it's not across the country! God bless you guys! Come visit my blog anytime!

Powered By Blogger