Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Tumultuous Tuesday

Wind

Just to let you know, our home is still in tact and none of us got blown away yesterday. :-P The wind was CUH-RAZY all day long. Our sliding door creaked and pounded all day long and Matt got rained on by sand on his way home. On our walk, Judah and I heard the creaking of the metal as the stoplights wobbled all over the place. We've been under a surf advisory -- 18 foot swells every 10-12 seconds. Wish I could have seen that! Today is much better, though on the cold side.

Glasses

Matt FINALLY got his glasses yesterday after almost 2 months of waiting. The first time, kids' frames were in his box. This time, they are the right glasses but are missing the anti-glare coating. ::sigh:: Hopefully they'll refund us for that part. On a bright note, they look SO good! Modern, high-tech, sleek. And doesn't he look oh-so-handsome in his new purple shirt and matching tie? We've been hunting for a good purple combo for about a year -- thanks, Momma!

Before & After -- I think the new rimless, angular lenses show off his Spanish eyes more. :-) (Click to see details of the frame differences.)



Easter Dress

Part of mine and Judah's walk yesterday included a stop into Motherhood Maternity. I've been on the hunt for a cute, bright, modest maternity Easter dress. Not many options, lemme tell ya -- esp. because of the modest factor. But I found one yesterday! It's a white background with a red and pink floral/paisley print, a red sash/bow at the empire waist, and a wide red hem at the knee. So cute! (Here's the black/white version.) They only had one medium left, 2 small, 1 large, 1 xlarge. I thought to myself, "No one is going to buy the medium in the next few hours before I can bring Matt back. I wonder if they hold stuff. Nah, I won't bother asking. No one will buy it." So we went back after dinner. Indeed, two hours after I had tried on the dress, someone bought the medium. And someone had also bought a small. And, they DO hold items for 24 hours. It pays to ask. ::sigh:: But, they took my name and number and said they'll call when they get another medium. Let's hope it's before Easter!

The Last First Birthday Present

At least the day ended with a birthday present, delicious hazelnut frap, and Bible study. Thanks to Mamaw, Pappy, and Aunty Mo for the cool Tigger outfit!



Taco Bell

So, there's been a running Taco Bell discussion in my comments. To set the record straight, Thea, you're second answer was correct. I get a double decker to complete my bean burrito and nachos staple. I LOVE the soft and crunchy combination. This is also achieved in the new crunch wraps, though I've only had that a couple times. :-) I have ordered pintos and cheese, but not often. And I had no idea about the meximelt -- I shall try that next time, with sour cream of course!

And is it fair to turn the tables on a preggie when memory loss is present? Hmm. What did Thea usually order. I remember one particular time you got the nachos supreme at the Taco Bell on Markham and we sat on the stools. But I'm not sure that's a regular for you. I've been trying to picture you actually eating at Taco Bell in attempt to visualize what you are holding. The only other thing that comes to mind is soft tacos. All I know that matters is that we share a love for Taco Bell like no other of my friends do! And now I really wish you were here so we could have go on a mini-date! Such fond memories...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. ADORABLE dress
2. kudos to you for going on your walks!
3. now I want taco bell

Anonymous said...

You and I have the same EXACT bean burrito preferences. Just so you know.

Melody said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Powered By Blogger