Ok, I finally got some good pics of my new hair cut. I took the time to get ready as if I was going out somewhere to see if I would like it better -- and I do! I think what happened Tuesday is that the usual life was gone from my hair because she washed it twice and then I came home and washed all the product out of my hair. It was board straight and lacked femininity that day. But I'm good with it now...I may not even have to curl the ends like I thought I would! It did set me back in the growing out process though -- note how short she cut the layers in front. The short layer does make for a cute ponytail though, with the side swept look.
Judah and I have started taking more regular walks outside. He's really getting into being out of the apartment. I don't blame him. I go stir crazy sometimes, and I'm not a curious 1 year old! I got him some new sandals the other day, and it was so cute and fun to take our walk in shorts, t-shirts, and sandals yesterday. It was gorgeous outside! Today is quite overcast, so don't get all upset with me that my weather is better than yours. ;-)
We took Judah to the doctor this morning. This seems to be a regular post of mine. He had a fever Thursday that has slowly diminished, lack of appetite, sleeping a little more, and yesterday morning we noticed some red bumps appearing on his face. Then some on his neck, and today on his belly and legs. He got the chicken pox vaccine last week, and after reading up on it we discovered that a few red spots is normal. But Judah has more than a few, so that's why we took him in. We saw Dr. K, our second favorite doctor, who has seen Judah several times when Dr. C wasn't there. She said 1) his ears look great! 2) The rash is pretty much unexplainable and viral. She said she suspected hand/foot/mouth, but after examining him ruled it out. She said it could definitely be a reaction to the vaccine, but the fever is a red herring for that explanation. So, we just keep him home from church tomorrow and wait it out for a few days which we're fine with. If he does get worse, she said, Dr. C is on call this weekend. Yeah!
We did tell her that we had tried going to whole milk, but his mouth/chin kept reacting. So we have been working on a switch to soy milk this week. We told her the different dairy things he reacts to, and Matt mentioned he thought it seemed that cooked dairy is ok (like cheese) while raw is not (milk). She affirmed that and actually explained to us why -- when you cook it, the cow protein changes shape and the body may not react to the new shape like it does the original. Way to go, Matt! She said soy is a good option for us, and to keep giving him cheese to help with calcium intake.
Anyway, those are the big updates from this week. I get to RELAX with my non-homework hubby now!

2 comments:
Hi Dawn!
I really like your hair, especially in a ponytail -- it is super cute and looks great on you. Have a fun weekend relaxing, nursing your little boy back to health, and taking walks with him. And have fun with your non-homeworked husband (I am super jelous of you right now)
Alicia
Love the haircut, Dawn, I hope mine turns out as well! I'm getting it cut on Thursday, and haven't had one in a year--yikes! Did you get any color too, or is that your natural?
Post a Comment