Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Oh, just thoughts...

What do you use to "cut" your armpit?

The other night, we had a scare while giving Judah a bath. While we were playing, Matt noticed a red mark under his arm and was alarmed. So he raised Judah's arm, and we saw a red line in the crease of his armpit...and it looked like a long bleeding cut! Our hearts just about stopped! Then I [thankfully] instantly remembered he had been wearing a shirt with red sleeves all day. I reached out quickly to touch the redness, and sure enough -- it was a bunch of lint stuck in his armpit crease. WHEW!

Fierce Winds -- The Safe Kind

We had rain today. I was sitting here doing my Bible study while Judah napped. I knew rain was coming tomorrow and thought today was just a very gloomy day to precede the rain. It started sprinkling. Then the wind started picking up. Then all of the sudden I heard and felt the pressure on the sliding door change! Boy, was that wind FIERCE today. It was making the carport roofs wobble, our front door shift, the sliding door howl, and the rain fall in sheets. I had two thoughts, one leading to the other. First, I am SO glad that this is not the South because I'd be way afraid with that kind of wind/rain outside my house. Second, the wind was so crazy, I actually started thinking, "Ok, what if a fluke tornado DID happen here where there are no sirens...there could be one on the other side of this building and I wouldn't have warning! Yipe!" But no worries. The sun came out at sunset and the sky was mostly blue again.

My Four (I've added some for fun)

Four places I have worked:
1) Salesclerk at Name Brand Clothing
2) Lifeguard at Parkway Place Pool
3) Secretary at Family Council
4) Secretary at Union University

Four places I have lived:
1) Little Rock, AR
2) Santa Clarita, CA
3) Jackson, TN
4) Salinas, CA
...funny, number 5 will be Maryland. Notice the back-and-forth motion my life seems to be taking across the country?

Four TV shows I like to watch:
1) Heroes
2) Lost
3) Apprentice
4) Nightly News

Four places I have been on vacation:
1) Bermuda
2) St. Thomas
3) Hawaii
4) San Francisco

Four of my favorite restaurant foods:
1) Olive Garden's fettuccine alfredo
2) Panera Bread's cheddar broccoli soup
3) Chili's fajita pita with their ranch dressing
4) Taco Bell's bean burrito, no red sauce, no onion, but with sour cream with a side order of nachos so I can dip the burrito in the cheese :-P

Four of my favorite homemade foods:
1) My biscuits and gravy
2) Momma's spaghetti
3) Nonie's ham & beans for New Year's
4) Brenda's warm banana pudding

Four of my favorite desserts:
1) Tiramisu
2) Chili's molten chocolate cake
3) Strawberries and Cream Cloud Cake
4) Cold Stone Creamery -- you name it!

Four colors I decorate with:
1) Dark purple
2) Dark sage green
3) Bright yellow
4) Peachy orange

Four activities I do to relax:
1) Take a bath
2) Take a nap
3) Paint my nails/toenails
4) Read a book

Four of my favorite smells:
1) HONEYSUCKLE -- dude, it's the smell for this pregnancy (Green Tea lotion was Judah's)...and Bath & Body Works just came out with a whole line of it! I've already "tried" their perfume 3 times when visiting the mall. Is that wrong? I mean they have a "try me" sticker on it...
2) Jasmine
3) Coconut Lime Verbena (B&BW)
4) Plumeria

Four trivial goals I have:
1) To get a professional massage
2) To finish Judah's 1 year scrapbook before Baby 2 arrives
3) To finish the Noah's Ark quilt I started for Judah before we even left Jackson almost 2 years ago (all this time, I've only had two sides of the binding to finish sewing. It'll take me all of an hour?)
4) To see if this Neapolitan Dynamite cake Matt & I came up with will work (my mom is helping me with this goal)

Four serious goals I have:
1) To continue improving my Bible study skills and committing to do it on a more daily basis
2) To deepen my prayer life
3) To start being more active to maintain a healthy pregnancy -- especially by taking frequent walks to the park with Judah
4) To serve my husband and son more often out of love for them and joy that Christ has chosen this job for me rather than just to get things done

Four things I should be doing other than this:
1) Putting the last few dishes in the dishwasher
2) Changing into pajamas
3) Brushing my teeth
4) GOING TO BED!

Hey, it's pouring down rain again...

6 comments:

Lola said...

I can still make your Taco Bell order in my sleep.

Miss you, peaches.

Dawn said...

LoL...you do better than Matt then, Thea. Only you would be able to remember it so well. And man could I go for one right now! Answer me this though, if I ordered one other thing besides the burrito and nachos, what would it be? How well do you REALLY remember? ;-P

Autumn said...

a. I forgot you were a lifeguard!
b. what the heck is a napoleon dynamite cake?

Autumn said...

pintos and cheese?

Anonymous said...

I think Aut is right. I think it is pintos and cheese. It's odd, b/c I remember being in your first white car, maybe I drove it once? and ordering, "a bean burrito, no red sauce, no onions, but with sour cream......and a pintos and cheese?" I just remember the second one needed no alteration. Am I right?

I wonder if you shouldn't start ordering meximelts. They are only beans and cheese heated so it's melted. V. good.

Now, to turn tables, what is one thing I would always order at Taco Bell?

Lola said...

If it's not pintos and cheese, is it a double decker? That's what pops into my head.

GAH

Just tell me

Powered By Blogger