It finally arrived. After much coaxing and advice from my husband and trusted female confidants, I conceded to ordering a KitchenAid Artisan stand mixer for my Birth-mas present. Thank you, Hubby, for choosing it as your gift to me and for persisting. Thank you Momma, Autumn, and Jaclyn for your individual encouragements to let Matt get me what he wanted to as well as affirm that it was a good choice. What was harder than allowing a chunk of money to go towards it was choosing a color! Gracious...they've got like 20 out there. But Mango I chose. It was the one color that ALWAYS made me smile when I saw it (online), and I knew deep down I wanted that color even though it is WAY bright and would lock me into certain kitchen decor. I just couldn't do black or white to match other kitchen appliances. It's not me. I like to be different -- and who else has a mango mixer that you know? So it came on Monday...and I must have giggled the whole time until Matt got home. MAN is it bright! I always said it was a "toe nail polish color" when we looked at it online. Dude. It just so happens I am wearing a polish that exactly matches the mixer! It still makes me smile when I look at it. It's awesome! And the first dish I made with it was Cracker Barrel's Chicken & Dumplins (and yes, it actually turned out well!)
The towels are what I got with some birthday money from Auttie. I plan to have a Bahama colored kitchen...bright and relaxing!

We took Judah back to the doc this morning because we feared he was getting worse. Turns out, his lungs sound fine meaning the RSV is gone and only remnants of a cough remain. Praise the LORD! He is, however, left with an ear infection and the beginnings of a secondary infection in his sinuses. But that's nothing antibiotics can't nip in the bud right quick! I'm so glad the end of Judah's woes are in sight. And I PRAY he does not end up like I was as a kid with frequent ear infections. But if so, I thank God I have a Momma who's been through it before and that there are meds to clear it up. And I also thank Him that Judah is such his happy normal self even when sick. It's made it alot easier to deal with!
The towels are what I got with some birthday money from Auttie. I plan to have a Bahama colored kitchen...bright and relaxing!
We took Judah back to the doc this morning because we feared he was getting worse. Turns out, his lungs sound fine meaning the RSV is gone and only remnants of a cough remain. Praise the LORD! He is, however, left with an ear infection and the beginnings of a secondary infection in his sinuses. But that's nothing antibiotics can't nip in the bud right quick! I'm so glad the end of Judah's woes are in sight. And I PRAY he does not end up like I was as a kid with frequent ear infections. But if so, I thank God I have a Momma who's been through it before and that there are meds to clear it up. And I also thank Him that Judah is such his happy normal self even when sick. It's made it alot easier to deal with!
Women's retreat is this weekend. I am so excited -- it will be refreshing to be around so many women for an extended time and to be drenched with time in the Word. The theme is "ALOHA," A Life of Heavenly Ambitions (setting your mind on things above). Do pray for Matt as he parents solo for a weekend and for me as it will be my first time away from Judah for a couple days. I'm sure we'll all be fine...but extra prayer always helps!
I think we MAY have chosen a girl's name. We plan to post clues for the baby's name once we know what gender it is. (If we've spoken to you recently, post nothing about any names we mentioned so that everyone has a fair chance to guess.) We still desperately need ideas for boys' names -- we seriously must have used up our one perfect boy name on Judah Gabriel!
There is only one flower left from my birthday bouquet. You'd think the filler flowers would have lasted longer. Even the lillies. What gerbera daisy stands stall until the very last!?? Usually their the first to go. Congrats to my mom...it was the flower I dedicated to her.
Hope you all have a good Wednesday!

6 comments:
It's beautiful and so you! I don't know if I told you, but for my last birthday - I asked for a good food processor and a hand mixer. I love them both. I'm becoming domestic!
Love you, miss you all.
I love it. I just love the whole, "the mixer matches my toenail polish" thing- it is so you!!! I do think it would be fun to have a colored mixer, even if I am a more black and white person. I think I would choose a light blue, did they have one of those? Knowing me, though, I would have high plans and still get black. :-P
I cannot believe you have been married 2 1/2 years without a mixer... a mixer is a priority for me!!!
Whatever you do... you cannot take MY girl's name. :`-( Then watch me not use it, hehehe...
Love you!
For the record, I DID have a mixer that we sold at a garage sale just before Christmas. It was my mom's old one. I think she may have gotten it at least 15 years ago. And hey, in the in-between time, I made stuff and used my own ARM to mix it with a spoon. Talk about "made from scratch." No wonder the Prov 31 woman had strong arms!
I love your pretty mixer -- congrats, and way to already find uses for it! Did you mean to make your blog, your toes, AND your mixer all kind of match? Your life definately has a tropical theme going on! As for the gerbras, I don't know why, but in my bouquets, they are always the last flower to die, which makes me happy because they are my favorite. I like the cute little single one -- so understated.
So glad that Judah is feeling better, and can't wait to hear the girl name.
Love,
Alicia
Oh, I just adore KitchenAid mixers! What a fabulous gift! Mine is lavender and my sister got an orange one for Christmas. When I was debating what color I wanted, Nolan told me he would paint it for me if I ever got tired of the color. Now I'm pretty sure I'll love the lavender forever, and you'll probably feel the same way about the mango one, but...if you change your mind, it could probably be painted! Enjoy!
You will love this mixer. I recieved mine for a wedding present 26 1/2 yrs ago. It is still going strong. It makes perfect cookies. BTW, happy birthday. Hopefully we can catch up at the retreat.
Sheepmom
Post a Comment