Yesterday, Judah was trying to figure out how to open up a box that holds some of his books. He was putting it aside to move on, so I held out my hand to him. He looked back at the box, then at my hand, then got the box and handed it to me. To see the gears turning in a little brain never ceases to amaze me!
Cheddar served alone made Judah break out a tiny bit, but not like usual. Still experimenting.
Matt told me last night I'm starting to show just a tiny bit. I'm certainly at the point where I look normal in the morning, but by evening I do have more of a pooch. I'm just glad I'm not yet into the in-between normal and maternity clothes stage. What a hard spot to be in...unless you do Aut's ponytail-on-the-button trick. ;-) I am now 11 weeks (almost 3 months) pregnant: Your baby is now between 1.5 inches and 2.5 inches long and weighs 0.3 ounces! He or she is almost the size of large lime—but much sweeter! This is a rapid growth stage, and your baby's length and weight will likely double in the next three weeks. At this point, the head is almost half the size of the body, but that will change in the weeks to come. Your baby's head also begins to "uncurl" as the chin lifts and the head rolls backwards towards the spine, allowing the neck to better develop and grow. Now there are fingernails! The genitalia are also developing during this time frame, though the sex of your baby is still a secret. (from Babyfit.com)
I feel crafty this week, probably due to increased energy from less nursing. Yesterday I painted "Toys" on Judah's new toy box (a $7 Sterilite box). I hope the letters stay on there longer than I'm expecting.
And here are some fun family pics we snapped last night. He's not a baby anymore, but a little boy. I so wish I could get a good pic of his EIGHT teeth!
And now I must go clean the bathrooms, dust, windex, and iron as fast as I can to see if I can finish before Judah wakes up from his morning nap. I am so thankful I have a patient, encouraging husband who tells me he knows I can do it!
And can I just say I am SOOOO excited for Saturday morning! Matt is taking me to breakfast at a restaurant in the Monterey Plaza Hotel. It hangs out over the bay, has white linens, quiet atmosphere, and good food. I've been wanting to go on a date their since more than a year ago when my mom, Hope, and I went. I hope we can find a babysitter!

9 comments:
cute pics! the breakfast sound heavenly.
and I, for one, am thankful for a hubby who will say, "It's okay, Aut, I know you CAN'T do it all." ;)
very cool new colors, might I add
and HAPPY BIRTHDAY to YOU, Dawn!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!
I heard you got quite a surprise. Hooray, and I love you.
Guess who's having her 25th birthday today? You! Guess who's a slacker and still hasn't mailed your present? Me! How about we make this your birthday month?!? : )
Ah, Rachel, I'm right there with you and I'm her MOM...so, SLACKERS WHO LOVE DAWN, UNITE!!!
Dawn, Have a very happy birthday weekend, especially your special breakfast :)
happy birthday!!!!!!!
Happy Birthday! I just wanted to let you know that I really enjoy your blog! You have a very cute little boy!
You better spend that on YOU! That was my intention.
Post a Comment