Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Post-Birthday Glee

Whirlwind. Most of you know that just hours after my last post, Matt showed up at home with JACLYN. Talk about shock. I am not easy to surprise -- a strength/weakness of mine. I -- had -- no -- clue!!!! They've been planning "Operation Black Ice" since the beginning of November...and I suspected absolutely nothing. Not even an inkling that something big was happening. All in all, #25 is probably the most memorable birthday I've had right along with my golden birthday (19) when Alicia threw me a surprise party at TGIF!

Friday night, we had Andrew and Elizabeth over for chicken parmesan (my first time making it). It was oh so tasty! They brought a cookie dough ice cream cake from Cold Stone. We played the LOST board game...and they all hated it. I think we eventually let Andrew win because he controlled the most people. I guess I couldn't remain champion forever. It was such a fun birthday. And I managed to get by without blowing out any candles or being sung to in person. The only song I got was from my precious nephews, niece, and their parents. That and the flowers from my mom TRULY make my birthdays real birthdays. It wouldn't be a good birthday without them. :-) The orange is for Aut, the pink for Momma. <3




I need to get pics from Jaclyn...but I did get one pic of us all before she left. Saturday morning, the three of us went to the Duck Club Grill for breakfast -- and now I'm glad they finally understand why I've been dying to go back there. So wonderful! It did happen to be the ONLY foggy morning in a long time, but it was still glorious. I'm hoping Matt and I can stay at the hotel for a night for our anniversary and have breakfast again. Of course...nothing like being 8 months pregnant for your 3rd anniversary. Another thought keeps occuring to me...Aut and Andy will be married for SEVEN years this May. Wow!



We got our nightstands today! Woo hoo! And it only took a year of waiting and saying no to several negotiations!

Judah got to go to the doctor this morning. Poor guy has RSV, which is apparently going around here. So now he's on albuterol as needed, and his cough just makes me so sad. I hope it does go away within the next few days as we were told. He has gained over a pound and over an inch in the past 2 1/2 weeks. For me that is just further confirmation that it truly was time to start weaning. This week we're only down to one feeding in the evening. I was going to stop completely next week...but I'm getting more emotional as the time comes. Maybe I'll just hang on to the evening feeding until whenever. No need to give that up, right? My energy is 10x what it was!

'Nough said. I need to go nap while Judah naps. He's not sleeping so well at night with this cough. Not that he's asleep -- he's enjoying his crib. But, rest I shall. Ta ta!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heeheehee :o) You have no idea how excited we have been for the longest time out on the colorado front for this wonderful surprise for you!!!! Lots of prayer went into it and the Lord sure answered in a big way in the circumstances of pulling everything off beautifully for beautiful you! I'm so glad you were blessed :) It makes my heart happy!!!
Happy 2nd week of being 25!
Much love!

Anonymous said...

Dawn, sounds like you had a wonderful birthday!--Happy Birthday, late:) Poor little Judah, I hope he's better soon.

Paul said...

I'm stealing your photos for ECC. :)

Alicia said...

I am so glad you had such a fun birthday -- what a great surprise! And wow, I am also so glad you remembered your 19th b-day that well, I am honored to have been part of your top two!
Have I mentioned how much I love Judah's orange nose? It is so stinkin cute. Can't wait to see what baby #2 looks like! (probably not as much as you, though)
P.S. The Free Willy movie was like a buck at Walmart and we thought it would be hillarious to give it to my 18 year old brother. The look on his face says it all -- not that amused -- but we sure were!

Dawn said...

Paul, Matt says if you use his image or likeness there is a fee. ::rolls eyes but smiles::

Ann Marie, I saw a piece of the dinner video...can't wait to sit and listen to all of it. It was weird but good to see you and Katie "live-action."

Leesh, ah the orange nose. I find it to be getting annoying. It is TOTALLY not that orange in person. The camera does something weird to it. I will NEVER forget #19. Esp. the way it ended - watching...I mean sleeping...to that BORING movie. 13 Days? Was that it? :-P

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you had a terrific birthday, Dawn!! How special...:) You look so beautiful in that picture!

I hope Judah gets to feeling better. We went through the same thing with Trey after Thanksgiving. It was scary for me, but he came through it just fine.

Kathie said...

Tammy's due date is Sunday 1/28...if you go to her blog and scroll down to the list you will see it there. Jeff C. picked that date

Praying for Judah, is he any better today? (it is Friday btw)

Powered By Blogger