Literally. We did discover today that perhaps one reason we've been on the colder side is because...our sliding door has not been shut all the way! No wonder it was drafty. No wonder I kept thinking I could hear outside noises too well. Problem fixed.
Sprite/Sierra Mist is my nausea saver. Love the stuff like never before.
We've successfully cut out Judah's two mid-day feedings. He doesn't miss nursing, I'm pretty sure. He had grilled cheese for the first time today. Smallest one I've ever made, about 2x2". He LOVED it. And he didn't break out in hives on his chin. Perhaps if dairy is cooked it's ok? Experiments to follow.
I broke out my new sewing machine (obtained from BCLR Share & Swap) and on-hand fabric today. I made pillow cases and a sash for our decorative pillow to go with the quilt. Lookie! We also invested in some frames for our family photos that we hung in the dining room. I learned two picture hanging tricks from Matt that he'd forgotten about until tonight: 1) put a dot of paint on the nail hanger of the frame, line it up on the wall where you want, and allow the nail hanger to hit the wall so a dot of paint stays on the wall where you want the nail, 2) slide a piece of paper between two hung pictures, with a pencil mark the edge of each frame to get the distance and use that to measure the distance for other pictures needing to be hung.

Sprite/Sierra Mist is my nausea saver. Love the stuff like never before.
We've successfully cut out Judah's two mid-day feedings. He doesn't miss nursing, I'm pretty sure. He had grilled cheese for the first time today. Smallest one I've ever made, about 2x2". He LOVED it. And he didn't break out in hives on his chin. Perhaps if dairy is cooked it's ok? Experiments to follow.
I broke out my new sewing machine (obtained from BCLR Share & Swap) and on-hand fabric today. I made pillow cases and a sash for our decorative pillow to go with the quilt. Lookie! We also invested in some frames for our family photos that we hung in the dining room. I learned two picture hanging tricks from Matt that he'd forgotten about until tonight: 1) put a dot of paint on the nail hanger of the frame, line it up on the wall where you want, and allow the nail hanger to hit the wall so a dot of paint stays on the wall where you want the nail, 2) slide a piece of paper between two hung pictures, with a pencil mark the edge of each frame to get the distance and use that to measure the distance for other pictures needing to be hung.
I'll be 25 on Friday. Diane made me a surprise birthday cake on Sunday. It is DELISH! They also got me some Dove dark chocolate and an earrings/necklace set that is just wonderful. So weird to be coming up on 25. Half of me is indifferent, the other half seeing it as half-way to thirty. I'm just thankful for another year of the Life abundantly!

8 comments:
hmm, you are the first person I've heard say that 25 is halfway to 30. ;)
Glad you're happy with the new bedspread and stuff. Sounds like your already having a good birthday this year. I'd love a piece of that cake. I have a BAAAD sweet tooth right now!!!
Last night I said something about being closer to 30 than I am to having been 16. That is strange. But, I love getting older because each year I know more of Christ. Happy Pre-Birthday!!!
I absolutely love the quilt, pillow cases and picture hanging!!! It looks wonderful!
Guess what I had for breakfast yesterday... yeah, dark chocolate truffle. And and orange. I'm serious.
Love ya!
I think I need your sewing/quilting expertice as I have somehow been nominated to construct a baby blanket for a friend made from various squares designed by multiple friends around the world. Apparently, so I've been told, one of these days I will recieve a package containing the evidence of their efforts in creating their squares and they assume that I will actually know how to put it together... hmmmm. Right. How did THAT one fall into my lap? Your work is beautiful :)
Well, as a 7-month survivor or the 25th year of life, I can atest that it is a wonderful year filled with numerous blessings :) As far as the idea of 25 being half-way to 30... I have a theory which disects a decade into increments of time and would state with confidence that at 25, we are still in our mid-20's, so not to worry ;)
I hope you have a splendiferous birthday and a year filled with blessings beyond measure as you follow our Jesus :)
(that was a long comment. feel free to insert chapters if you wish.)
Oh and I must say that Jaclyn has brilliant breakfast habits!!
Oooh, the nice bright colors go with your nice bright quilt! I still can't believe that someone made that whole big quilt, that must have been a lot of work. It is really cute. I like your new pillows to go with it, so fun.
And, those are great family photos -- such a photogenic family! Oh, and one more thing, a shot of jealousy (the good kind, though) came through me when I saw your grown up dining room set. It is soo nice! (Shaking my head) what were we thinking buying that stupid IKEA one we have. Someday we will have non-newlywed furniture.
I loooove the quilt and pillows! How fun! Makes me want to sew!
I love hanging pictures, don't you? It makes the walls more friendly and homey (is that a word?). :)
Happy birthday (tomorrow)!! And 25 isn't so bad. ;) Half the time I forget how old I am anyway. Ha, ha...
Just remember, you can look at your birthday two ways 1) the worldly way "I'm getting older, oh my." or 2) the non-worldly way (not sure it is really biblical)"I have had 25 years of God's grace poured out on me and I am closer to meeting Him face to face. I can't wait to see heaven!" :)
I LOVE THAT BED
that is all
Post a Comment