Friday, January 12, 2007

Miracle of Life

Before we left for the holidays, we had our first prenatal visit with Dr. G. I was only 6 weeks along, but we did get some ultrasound pics. I had my second visit today at 10 weeks, again receiving pics. It is AMAZING how much our baby has grown in 4 weeks. From .5cm to 3.7cm. Heart rate from 115 to 160bpm. A blob on top of a yolk sack to a baby with umbilical cord.

6 Weeks

In the black and white photo, the baby is the blob attached to the top of the black area. In the 4D photo, the yolk sack is the round object on the right side; and the bumpy object on top of it is the baby. Just .5cm long!




10 Weeks

In the black and white photo, the baby's head is towards the left with it's body extending to the right. Count 7 periods in (on the CRL line), and just above the 7th is a round object which is a hand. The other hand is a brighter white opposite the first hand. In the 4D photo, the baby's head is at the top right with it's spine running down the right side of the black area. The legs and umbilical cord extend from the bottom of the spine towards the left. Now it's a good 3.7cm long!



Isn't God's plan for life amazing and mysterious? I am happy to point out that while I thought I had gained a whopping 7 pounds over our two weeks in IN (thanks to all the sweets available), I am now only 3lbs more than I was 4 weeks ago whether the IN scale was wrong or I lost some since being home. Whew! We also decided yesterday and got the go-ahead from Dr. G this morning that it is for sure time to wean Judah. I get frustrated more than I enjoy nursing now. I am ALWAYS tired...extra tired. And that was Dr. G's main reason for encouraging us to stop as soon as we can. I have pregnant tired plus nursing tired which equals a good amount of fatigue. As props to my hubby, he suggested last week that a good reason to wean now is for my energy's sake. I gave Judah formula at his dinner feeding last night, and he didn't even seem to care he wasn't nursing. So apparently he doesn't care where he gets his milk, or he too is ready to move on. That makes it easier emotionally. :-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As to the "Testing" post some of you saw, I had a website recommended to me at Titus 2sdays this week. http://www.blogarithm.com/ It's a place you freely subscribe to and enter all the blogs/websites you visit to check for new posts. I did tests to see if it works. Blogarithm sends you a morning e-mail listing each site that has been updated with a little excerpt from the most recent post. That way you don't have to spend time checking every blog to find that nothing new has been posted. SpanishMorning and Savary Sensations were not listed in today's e-mail, but a few others were. So, I encourage you to check it out in order to save time. I'll let you know if I still like it in a few days. :-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Can we say cold? It was 26 when we checked the temp this morning and frost all around. There were patches of ice on the sidewalk at the doc's office. Apparently LA is expecting snow and very cold weather. It's downright wintry and snow-smelling outside! Doesn't help my freeze-outs -- something that occurs several times a day due to pregnancy. Most women get hotter...I get colder. Dont' know which I'd prefer.

7 comments:

Kathie said...

Great ultra sound pics. Maybe you need an electric blanket...oh wait, never mind. Thanks for the pics :)

Jaclyn said...

AMAZING!!!!!!!!! I love the comparison and the 3D ones. Absolutely stunning. And people say it is not life... not a baby. FOUR WEEKS, people!

OK, anyway... ::clears throat:: I am, in no way, wanting to boast or one up you, well maybe a little, but the high in Colorado was 0 today. Yes, 0. It is -1 right now, not including windchill. So, the object is to not inhale when walking from building to car so your lungs do not freeze!

That is if you have already started your car! At freezing temps the car becomes an icebox.

Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Oh, the ultrasound pics were amazing! It always took my breath away when I saw ultrasounds of Trey. I'm sure you feel the same way. :)

Cold? Well, my thermometer says it's 79.9 outside. Sorry... If it makes you feel any better, I haven't been able to wear a sweater once this year(other than when we were in IL for Christmas). Sounds silly, but I wouldn't mind it being cold outside right now! And, um, wow...I've never heard of someone getting cold b/c of pregnancy. I was always so hot!

Autumn said...

cool photos :)

Sarah said...

Fun pictures! I got our first ultrasound pictures at almost 12 weeks - quite a wonderful experience to see the baby moving around and it's heart beating!

Also, if you have a Google account, you can set "Google Reader", which lists recent blog posts from whoever you add to it. That really saves me time because I can check that whenever I want to to see if anyone has posted. I really like using it.

Lola said...

Awww. I hope no matter how many ultrasounds I look at in the future, I never lose the awe and wonder at the magnificence of God's handiwork! The baby is already so beautiful (ok I'm getting a little mushy here).

I miss you all. How lovely to be near each other it would be. Maybe my residency will be nearer to Maryland.

Blessings love. The weather here is turning ridiculous as well.

Autumn said...

where ya been lately?

Powered By Blogger