Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Everyday Life Update



We've done some rearranging and accumulating. We moved the desk out of Judah's room and into the living room. This way Judah can actually play in his own room without us breathing down his neck (though he's not really into toys right now...more like walls, doors, drawers, etc.), and it also prepares room for a second crib! :-P It also is nice for Matt to be able to do homework whenever he desires, and I can sit next to the desk in the comfy chair or do housework while we are "together." We also think it makes the living area more cozy and home like. The accumulating we did was to have our new dining set delivered! Praise God from whom this blessing has abundantly flowed! Seriously. Last year we were blessed with bed/dresser. It is SO amazing how much more family-like one feels when you don't have "newly-wed" quality things. We have always been thankful to have what we need, but we are also very thankful to have "family quality" things. This is our table for life. We absolutely love it! And for those who knew our glass topped dinette set...you can hit the new table and NOTHING wobbles or spills! Woo hoo!



Matt has a big experiment/paper he and some other students have been working on that's due beginning of next week. Pray for him that things will continue to run smoothly and quickly, that he'll be able to write his paper easily, and that the recipient will be pleased. He got pretty sick Sunday/Monday but is fine now, thank the Lord. It's tough when he's out and I'm left with Judah/house/pregnancy AND sick husband. ::sings humbly:: His strength is perfect when our strength is GONE... :-P

I think I may be on the downside of evening sickness. I'm better this week than I was last week. I go Friday for my second check up when they will confirm due date and I believe set a c-section date. So weird to KNOW what day you will see your baby's face! I'm totally fine on all other fronts save for two: Belly = Pudgy for sure. Thankful God apparently thinks we can handle to babies close together...because I'm realizing what a challenge it will be!

Judah's been a little out of sorts lately. He's got his first ear infection most likely due to all the congestion from teething (which he has 8 teeth now). So he's on antibiotics. We also wondered if he wasn't getting enough to eat because he is slowly losing weight. We pondered weaning him slowly and were going to start yesterday. But he all the sudden started drinking his soy formula at lunch yesterday. So we decided that we won't wean him yet. We'll just give him formula to drink with every meal at the table. He seems to like it -- and I discovered yesterday he LOVES plain bread, untoasted and unbuttered.

And did I mention he crawls officially...and quickly. And pulls up on EVERYTHING. And opens cabinets and drawers? And disappears if you turn your back to him? And won't stay seated in the tub? Autumn, you were right. My life is not the same now that he is not a bump on a log. Which is why the thoughts of having a toddler and newborn are kind of daunting! We went to Target yesterday to get some cabinet latches and decided to wait on getting some for drawers until he opened drawers. Home not for TWO minutes, and he was opening a drawer. Ah, how children make you smile in the midst of difficulty. Such little explorers.

I am often reminded of how much I am like Judah to God. If only I could be more like Christ to Judah. I'm glad I'm not able to be perfect this side of heaven. Striving for it is hard enough...to attain and maintain might be harder!

6 comments:

Kathie said...

you have such a great perspective on parenting. I'm smiling about the not getting drawer latches "until he opens a drawer". It is amazing how fast the grow/change. When the baby gets here remember millions of women have done a toddler and a baby together...you have several in the fam to ask advice from :)

Paul said...

Ah, good ol' Wobbles. The fun we had gathered around that little table.

Is that Todd Murray playing in the background of the video? Sounds like him, but I couldn't be sure. Has he done any new CDs recently?

Kathie said...

have you all put your new quilt on your bed yet?? I'd love to see a picture of that :)

Dawn said...

Momma, how could I forget dear Janet and her close-together-kids? ;-P And Autumn too? Yes we have put the new quilt on our bed, but only temporarily. I will probably wait until spring/summer to leave it on there for a while. In the meantime I may work on finding a sheet set to go with it and maybe some decorative pillows. We're unsure what to do about our room decor because it is so opposite of the fun quilt.

Paul, tis indeed Todd Murray. It's his new cd "Beyond Amazing Grace" where he took words from John Newton and set them to music. It's a keeper!

Autumn said...

I'm sorry to say, but that video just struck me as creepy.

Lola said...

the house looks amazing. I am renting a house next year, and the color I am thinking about for the living room is close to your color! I wish that you were around so I could have a proper interior decorator-type advise me. I find that I have little head for it, though I love it. Oh to be artistic! Also, when you have a mo, email me your address so i can mail your prezzie.

Smooch the babies.

Powered By Blogger