So, we've waited a while since introducing beef. Now we tried chicken. Homemade. I'm pretty sure him sticking his tongue out and scraping the chicken off with his lips indicates a dislike of texture, not taste. I did taste it, and the puree chicken does seem to paste itself to the tongue. As Matt said, "Judah doesn't give a cluck about chicken." We're gonna try store bought. If that doesn't work, we'll try egg yolk. He's gotta learn to eat protein sometime. :-P
One of Judah's stocking stuffers were these "little dipper" things. They are utensils with big fat handles and this weird grooved end. Picture a spoons bowl flattened and with several grooves on each side. This way, a child can grip the handle well and just dip the eating end in food. The grooves allow food to stick well. We tried it out for the first time tonight. I wasn't expecting much...but was quite surprised!
Next post: Judah, the Gymnast

8 comments:
ooh, looks like you got a lefty there! Those are the best kind! ;) Cute Videos, although the chicken on his tongue made me slightly nauseas! :)
Babies don't usually have a left/right orientation until they're older.
He's going to be feeding himself before you know it, Dawn!!! That's a neat utensil. I'd seen them before but never used them.
p.s. this post made me nauseous too!
p.s.s. I get the "cluck" part now but I have to tell you it's not the first thing that came to mind.. :\
Those videos are great!!! It is amazing how natural the gag reflex is, huh? I was skeptical of those spoons too, but it looks like they work ok. Love ya!
I'd never thought about it, but I usually hand things to him with my right hand into his left. We'll see if he'll be a righty or a lefty!
Also, it didn't occur to me what "cluck" could be replaced with. Oops. :-}
He is like his great uncle Skip, he thinks chicken is fowl. :)
He is like his great uncle Skip, he thinks chicken is fowl. :)
wait.. I know chicken is fowl, but does Skip dislike chicken??
Dat's silly. I really love him getting all messy. It's great. Something I wish I could get away with.
Post a Comment