
I expected yesterday and today to be spent alone at home preparing suitcases and house for our departure tomorrow. God had different plans...which I totally loved!
I get a call from Diane yesterday at 8:30, odd for that time of day. She had to come to Salinas to take her granddaughter to the doctor, but couldn't have her own 2 yr old around LeeLee. So she needed an emergency babysitter -- which I've always given open invitation too. So Rachel came over yesterday and we had a blast from about 9:00 to 1:00. She found some of Judah's toys and didn't even notice Diane had left! It was rather enjoyable to have a 2 yr old and 8 mo old to care for, to my suprise. I thought it would be more difficult. But I even got dusting, windexing, bathrooms, and laundry done while she was here! Not to mention feeding her and Judah lunch and playing with them. It was brought up though that I only had Rachel for a few hours...not every day all day as if she were my own. ;-) It was still fun to pretend though.But that wasn't all.
Just a few minutes after my phone conversation with Diane, I get another random call for early in the morning. It registered as Jodee's phone, but it was Jason calling. My first reaction was that something had gone terribly wrong with baby Zach. But then Jason asks, "So, you guys live in Monterey, right?" AAAAH! They are "in the area" for Thanksgiving (from Kentucky) and drove down and spent all afternoon and dinner time with us. It was so precious to see old college buddies and their baby boy. Zach is just adorable -- and has the most gorgeous blue eyes! They're like Jodee's and look so pristine and perfect that they almost seem to be glass marbles. So you can imagine how good he looks in the color blue! His hair is so soft that it really is peach fuzzish. And to think Judah used to be that small and LIGHT. Sheesh! Good news: Judah seems to be fine with children of any age as long as they are not close to his own age (crawling babblers). I can't wait to see them again at Christmas when we are in Indiana!

Bad News: Note in the picture of Jodee and I with our boys (click to enlarge) Judah has a rash around his mouth. X-nay on the homemade blueberry baby food.
I'm caught up with what I had scheduled for Tuesday's tasks, which is wonderful and I think a blessing from the Lord. He threw two HUGE but awesome kinks in my day yesterday from 9:00 to 6:30, and yet I still am not worried or stressed about getting everything done before we leave tomorrow morning. And here I sit blogging...... ;-)
There is so much to be thankful for that I'm not sure I'll even have time to post it all this week! So Happy Thanksgiving and let your heart overflow with praise for all God has given us!

6 comments:
Amidst busy days, thank you for posting... unlike someone else I know. :-P I love you! (Thanks for taking a few moments to chat with me last night!) We need brief chats mroe often...
So Zach started squealing (albeit small squeals) last night and this morning...wonder who he picked that up from =) It was great to see you guys!
Judah gets plenty of Vitamin A. :)
Praying for safety and even an ENJOYABLE transport. :) I love you and we are so excited to see you!!!!!
If you get any free time, check out my Xanga for a wonderful picture.
:) I miss you again.
Dawn, great pictures! Thanks for sharing about your week. I trust that you are having a good time visiting family.
I'm on chapter 4 of LWB, are you still reading too? Hopefully we can chat about it when you're home:).
I get the same amount of vacation days at the Sun that I had at FBC. It's all about the moolah.
Thanks for the encouraging words about starting out better than I think. Everyone keeps telling me that, so it must be true :)
Post a Comment