Monday, November 13, 2006

I warn you...

1) It has been 6 days since my last post.
2) It is semi-late and I am tired which means I can tend to ramble when typing.
3) This was a busier week than normal.

It seems as though my posts are becoming a once-a-week thing. Maybe it's just me though. We were so busy last weekend! Two parties (Fri, Mon) with the usual Hollister Sunday. Monday was my PartyLite party. It was small but fun...and I was shocked to learn how much just the few ladies bought! I am glad we had the fellowship, glad they were pleased with the products, and glad that I was able to get a few Christmas gifts and some things for us. It was fun to load up and pay less than half of the total cost of everything I got!

Then we had a couple friends over for dinner and a movie on Thursday. What movie? Cars...Andrew and Elizabeth had seen it and said it was funny. Guess what? It is! We returned it tonight, but watched it three maybe four times while we had it. Rich and Diane watched it with us today and thought it was funny. And, this may shock some of you because I have a humor side of me most don't know about. My favorite line in the movie? Well, Lighting tells the others that Hudson had "three Piston Cups." Then Mater says, "He did what in his cup?!?" ::giggle:: I'm sorry. It's just funny. It probably helps that Mater is voiced by Larry the Cable Guy and therefore has a massively thick Southern, no...Redneck accent. "He's won three Piston Cups!!!" "He did what in his cup?!?" ::giggle again::

Matt was off on Friday, so we did some browsing/shopping on Friday and Saturday. We've located the dining room set we want, so now we are going to work towards purchasing it. It's quite different looking -- two tones of wood, modern with a touch of casual (NOT country, Momma...don't care what the description says). I've also finally nailed down what I want to go ON this table. I've been pondering for a while what I want to do about our dinnerware. Having three different sets and not enough of each to serve a crowd can be frustrating. So, I have decided upon plum Fiestaware. Purple really is a universal color! I'd go into the details my brain has come up with, but I shall spare you the time. I've already rambled enough and have more to go. Just trust me on this one! Hopefully, I'll find someone at church who could stand to have a yard sale so that we can tack our stuff onto it!

Anyway, on Saturday we found several clothing items at Kohls for each of us -- yeah for Veteran's Day sales! Another reason why we want to do a yard sale -- the new clothes we found have given us the freedom to get rid of older clothes. And personally, I think we look a little more our age and up-to-date with the new clothes. We did have some sad partings with a few old closet friends. Remember that blue and yellow watercolor flowers dress I wore in Florida when I gave my testimony in Spanish? Or how about that earthtoned block design dress Rachel convinced me to get on a class trip? The spaghetti strap red sundress with the criss-cross back? And...and...::sniffle:: That periwinkle/blue flowery dress I got from Autumn? I always have loved that dress. But, no. The two flowery dressed were dubbed too young and the earthtoned dress a "sandwich board" by my wonderfully honest husband. I am left with 3 dresses...no wait. I just went and checked to be sure. Make that four dresses -- my honeymoon dress (which fits better now than it did then!), my little black dress, my white sundress I wore to Paul and Tracie's wedding, and ::whispers:: the periwinkle/blue flowery dress. I can't say goodbye to that one. Not yet. Ok ok. Enough about my dresses. Matt said adios to the "shoes I bought my Freshman year when I was out of my parents' house and spent way too much money on one thing." Purging is so refreshing. I'm all about consolidating!

Man oh man. In the midst of all the hub-bub this week, Judah is just growing by leaps and bounds! He's got a second tooth that's coming in rapid fast. He is getting around *too* easily on the floor. Examples: Twice we've placed him in the middle of the room and left for a few mintues. One time I came back and he was over chewing on a dining room chair leg. The other time Matt caught him in the hallway trying to get at a socket. Oh, not to mention the morning we left him to play with toys, came back and he was in this position...Getting at the Brita box, feet flying in the air, just a-restin' on his belly on top of that turtle. He WAS sitting over in his boppy pillow in the background.



Babyproofing is a number one priority for this week. I'm pretty sure he'll be crawling by Thanksgiving. He babbles more, waves more, expresses his will more, squeals more, bites more (ouch!), and walks more! Here's a video of Matt helping him walk. Any bets on how long he'll be crawling before he starts walking?







He's just adorable. He's getting a little softer, as in less firm, to the touch but he's still not a chubby baby. I don't think he will be. He's just a hunk of baby-love. He's in 9-12 month clothes now, which means he can fit into a cute outfit Jaclyn gave him (with crazy nap-hair)...and his belly and head are about the same circumference. :-P



I am toe-tingling excited for Thanksgiving and Christmas. I actually get to start making a list to pack for Thanksgiving (which nicely enough will be the same list for Christmas!). I just...there are just no...speechless is what I am when I think about everyone getting to meet Judah, both those who met him as a small baby and those who have not yet seen him in person!

So ends my rambling for now. I'm tired...as I'm sure you are after reading so much. But it was fun, was it not? Why is it that when I am tired and I SO talkative when typing but not so much vocally? Hmm...

**Edit: I read through this after publishing. The last sentence is proof I'm tired. G'night!**

4 comments:

Autumn said...

I am very confused about J's teeth. I'll explain later today if/when we talk.

Kathie said...

I agree with you about Thanksgiving/Christmas (since it will all be the same for us ;) ) I can't wait to get my hands on that "hunk of baby love" as I am sure are others...namely Gramps :) just 9 days... not counting today. I love you all!!!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe we're down to 9 days now. And I can't believe we're all gonna be at the daycare to have a big ole bonfire! Yay for Paul's mom!

Jaclyn said...

I CAN'T believe THAT was your favorite line in that whole movie! It was great, wasn't it??? I like Mater, he is awesome!

Powered By Blogger