Friday, September 08, 2006

Joyful Past 24 Hours

Wow. How much good could a good girl get if a good girl could get good? I dunno...does that work? The past 24 hours have been so full of various GOOD things that I have been blessed with!

1) I was working with Judah's rolling over skills (or lack there of) yesterday afternoon. We have always joked that he'll do it when no one is watching. I think we jinxed ourselves. I videoed him for quite a while but then figured he wouldn't roll over so I turned it off. Sat there a few moments, then decided I wanted another piece of this AWESOME bread I came up with yesterday. (Look for it on Savary Sensations.) He was on his tummy. I walk to the kitchen counter from the sliding door, turn around (less than 10 seconds), and HE WAS ON HIS BACK. How he did it I'm not too sure...but he is getting good at getting his knees up under him. I think he had done that and then pushed a little. But what gets me is that he did it around the corner of a box. Note the picture below, his starting point. After rolling, he was on the other side of the corner on his back. He hasn't done it again. Though he did get in a real push up position for a few seconds yesterday...as in hands and tip toes with a straight body.



2) Matt was gone from 7:00 am to 6:00 pm yesterday. That's a LONG time considering he's usually only gone for 6 or 7 hours max SOME days of the week and the rest are even less. It was a long day for both of us, but in a good way. He shows up at home with a GORGEOUS bouquet of bright orange flowers and tropical greenery. And kept telling me to clean out his lunch box because some hot dog juice spilled in it. Dinner was already on the table, and he kept insisting it was urgent. Finally I realized that perhaps he WANTED me to because there was something in there for me. I opened it and there were two boxes of Trader Joe's lemon ginger tea inside -- a new favorite of mine that I thoroughly enjoyed during the last few months of pregnancy at another lady's house. He called it a "Happy You" gift. I love him!



3) I have started reading Babywise II, a book for parenting a pretoddler (companion to Babywise). I have been feeding Judah 5 times a day mainly because I was afraid to have his last feeding be at 7 pm rather than 9 pm thinking he wouldn't sleep until his usual 7 am. But yesterday, I went to the store around 8 by myself. When I came home Judah had fallen asleep and was in his crib. So we crossed our fingers and decided to see what would happen if we just let him sleep. He slept until 7 am on the dot! A success I hope to continue as we venture more into the world of solid foods -- kind of overwhelming at the beginning!

4) I got a call from Jaclyn this morning at 8. I was wondering what on earth it was about because she NEVER calls me that early, it's her off day, and she put me on speakerphone. I was thinking "It's not my birthday so her family isn't going to sing to me..." I was confused. Then a guitar started up. It was Ben...and at that moment I realized a dream had become a reality. I have a recent poem I've written posted on Sanctifying Truth and asked Ben to play around with it if he had time and desire. He really did write music for words that I have written. I'm still in blissful shock! It was a great tune -- very catchy and memorable. Matt got to listen in too. So someday, maybe, when Ben is a platinum artist, one of his CD's will have a song called "Storehouse" with "words and music by Ben Zornes and Dawn Esparza" next to it! I told him it has given me a desire to write more words to be made into song! He just has no idea how much it means to me!

Thank You, Lord, for all Your blessings!!! ::Sings:: Oh happy day, oh happy da-a-ay!

2 comments:

Kathie said...

::teary:: You wrote a song!!! :) I wish I could hear it. I'm sooo glad you had such a great yesterday. You have such a sweet hubby, the flowers are beautiful...good job, Matt. Such a wonderful post. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Lemon ginger is a fave of mine as well. Enjoy a cup for me!

Is wanting someone to give me flowers a good enough reason to get married? I'm gonna go with, "No." It's something to think about though. :)

Look at me! I'm a comment-leaving MACHINE!

Powered By Blogger