Monday, September 25, 2006

Happy Sunshine Monday Morning

Well, it has been a while, has it not? Last week was Matt's finals week, so I was blessed to have him home all the time after Tuesday. It was a good time of relaxing, getting things done around the house/church, and just being together as a family. We also signed up for a 2 week trial of Netflix and caught some classics. Did you know how GREAT of a movie Gone with the Wind is??? I'd only seen short clips here and there, and Matt never had. Treat yourself...but make the time! We also watched My Fair Lady because Matt had never seen it. We also watched some Star Trek Voyager and 12 Angry Men (the classic version) to keep it balanced. I have to say, 12 Angry Men was a wonderful movie...no action save for one very angry obnoxious loud mouth of a man, but it works the brain!

Judah's doing great. Just this last week it seems like his energy level has eXpLoDeD! Matt has concluded that he will be an energetic child...which scares me knowing what Matt was like as a kid. Whew! He has also gotten very excited about his solid foods. He opens so wide, rocks back and forth, and almost yells between bites! He loves peaches, pears, applesauce, carrots, and I'm pretty sure he just adores the green beans. He's also started eating more of them. We see Dr. Cantor on Thursday for his 6 month check-up (though he's almost 7mo now), so I'm interested to see how tall he is and how much he weighs. We visited friends -- a mom my age with a daughter Judah's age -- and Judah is taller and bigger than Ava who is 9 months. :-) I love my boy! Here's a few pictures to tide you over. He's got a bag of new tricks that will be revealed when I get the videos uploaded. (We still haven't seen the kid roll over...but he's greeted us on his belly in the morning on several occasions.)

One new trick is that he has figured out how to work Lionel, a lion that sings/educates by rolling a cylinder on his belly. As you'll see in a video, he does it over...and over...and over. It's not annoying -- yet. It's so fun and AWEsome to watch him learn the fine details of manipulating his fingers and connecting that motion with the result of a song. Simply fascinating to watch a baby fill his brain! ~~~ He is also getting better and better at "push ups" as you see in the second picture. He is trying so hard to get to his knees. Again, in a video to come, you will see that he can stay on his hands and knees when we help him get there...and today started rocking while on hands and knees!



Major bed head lately because he moves around so much and is getting more hair, but it's adorable. But funny bed head isn't the only reason we took this picture. Can anyone tell me another reason we might have worked hard for this picture? Anyone may guess except for my mother (sorry, not fair to the others, Momma).



Hopefully I'll get the videos and a couple more cute pictures up soon! Hope all of you are well...can you believe this is the LAST week in September? Holy canoli where is the time going??

9 comments:

Kathie said...

I took me a minute to think why I couldn't play along then I remembered :) I think you are right :D Precious baby...smart baby! Can't wait to see you all in 66 days :) I'm waiting to see if anyone can figure it out...my guess is Autumn will.
momma

Dawn said...

Yes, just last night I told Matt as we were going to bed, "I bet Autumn will be the one to figure it out first." But I guess that depends on when she visits my blog next...

Anonymous said...

Judah is getting his first tooth:D How exciting!! Can't wait to see you all xxxooo Nonie

Indiana Mama said...

I see the puffy little gum too! I love the big wide eyed look!

Jaclyn said...

I saw it too, but I was not able to comment at the time... Dawn said I was right too, woo hoo!

Autumn said...

:) should have checked sooner, and yes I saw it right away :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Dawn, did you hear that the engineering department at Union was accredited this past week?

I thought of you and all the hard work you did getting all that together. It paid off. Yay!

Cjsmomx6 said...

how incredibly sad that after birthing 4 children, I didn't have clue what I was looking for? that GOd for observant and people with a better memory than me. :)
OK, about movies, I saw Gone with the Wind at the Cinema 150 here in LR. It was soooo great to see it there.!!! Also, have you guys seen A Knights Tale. So good and clean. Thought you guys would enjoy it. We do Netflix and really like it because we don't have to go to the rental store.
He is adorable. Looks and sounds like he is going to be a big boy like my boys were.

love you,
Janet

Anonymous said...

True confession time: I didn't see it...and even now that I know it's a tooth, I'm not gonna lie--I still don't see it. The bottom picture? What am I looking for?

Julienne and I were talking last night about your coming at Thanksgiving, and we're both SO excited! Then we had to do the math (which you KNOW is not my strong point) about how old Judah will be (8 1/2 months?), and she asked, "So what can kids do when they're that age?" My response: "Um, roll over, crawl maybe, but they definitely can't walk, I don't think." You would have been amused--it was a blind leading the blind kind of conversation! : )

I miss you! Can't wait to see you!

Powered By Blogger