Do not ever make a cake that you are going to pour gelatin into in a bundt pan even though you think it might turn out prettier. If it says 9x13, then make it in a 9x13. It holds the gelatin in the cake much better.
We went to Sunnyvale last night to visit with Bobby & Christa and Derek & Amy. And the most fun part? Seeing baby Tyler! It was so adorable to watch him and Judah "talk" and "play." And for the record, Tyler is JUST as cute in person as he is in pictures...if not more so! It was so nice to see friends from college again. I told Christa it was weird to think that we were once friends on a wing in Hotchkiss...and now we are both married and have sons. It was so comforting to talk to her one on one. She unknowingly offered me a sense of security as we spoke about various aspects of motherhood. To see Tyler in action, to hear some of Christa's struggles, and things like that let me know that my own experience is not out of the ordinary. Not that I thought something was wrong with how our family is operating...I just love the reassurance from watching the same life in a friend. Here are some cute pictures!

This weekend we are driving the opposite way (south) to go to The Master's College graduation. We've got several friends walking the plank and are so excited to see them, professors, and friends we went to church with. And of course MOST excited to show our little J.G. off! I can not WAIT to see the Jensens again. It's been too long! I think we might get spoiled living so "close" to them...
Next week is Judah's 2 month appointment. He gets shots. But more interestingly, he gets weighed and measured. I am SO interested to know what percentile he is in now. He was in the 70th last time. He's a big boy! Bobby kept joking that Judah could take Tyler any day! Judah may have chunk, but Tyler's got the drool weapon. It was so cute when he'd suck on his arm and blow bubbles! I bet we'll be ther someday soon...Judah has recently started drooling a tiny bit when he's hungry.
Here's a few random pictures of Judah. We had a photo/video shoot on our relaxing Sunday afternoon. I think Judah really likes our bed (he is currently napping smack in the middle of it right now...a 2 month old reigning in a king size bed). ~~ We have officially taken Judah out of his basinet. He is just too big for comfort. So we moved him to his pack n play...and yes it is a regular sized one. He is just that big now! I think he likes it much better than the basinet. He does not fuss near as much when he goes down or wakes up. Why not the crib, you ask? Because we still have two sets of visitors to go, and 1) We don't want guests and Judah to sleep in the same room for everyone's sake, 2) We don't want to get Judah used to one then switch back and forth four times as people come and go. Come July, we will begin the switch to the crib. ~~ A cute little outfit we received from our downstairs neighbors (dad, mom, and two cute kids). And don't forget Humphrey! He makes a good prop-up! ~~ We went to Savers on Saturday to look for some new (and bigger) clothes for Judah. It's amazing what you can find! Nice onesies at Target can run you anywhere from $4 to $7. We got 6 nice non-onsie outfits at Savers for less than $20! Woo hoo! So we'll have more outfit pictures to come...hope you all don't get bored of them! ;-)

5 comments:
Oh, I want to play with him so much...so many babies, no time to play with them...
Hey Dawn,
Judah is so cute! I can tell that he has grown so much since I saw him. Sounds like you are good. Love the yellow outfit.
Jenny
He is terribly smoochable. I shall bring him something back from England. Indeed, both of you.
Ta
K, I am not leaving for two weeks. But I got the feva!
Post a Comment