RANDOM PICS
Just like Nini...one leg out of the covers, one leg in. ~~ Proof he is moving around alot now...I had placed him with his head to the right, came back later, and he was turned about. ~~ I love him in orange. I think Karlyn gave us that little two fish outfit...he wore it to the beach today (before it got too cold). ~~ He loves to play with his rattle. He can actually hang onto it for quite a while and he just wacks it all around!


FIRST ROAD TRIP We went to Santa Clarita Mother's Day weekend for The Master's College graduation. We went for four students...and found out that a whole lot of other students we were good friends with were graduating. Praise the Lord for that blessing! We saw so many people...some with shocked expressions because they didn't even know we were expecting a child. :-) A couple friend of our also surprised us by holding their 3 month old baby boy. It was Judah's first time around THAT many people, but he was so good through it all. He is such the happy, content baby. Even Jeff and Linda remarked about how little he cries...because he only really cried when they were not home. :-P
We had fun taking pictures on Mother's Day. Only one picture to prove it was a road trip. :-) And I LOVE LOVE LOVE the picture of Matt and I. Talk about a great one! And Judah says thank you, Nini, for the little man outfit! And we heard today that Grandma is making a new outfit!

FIRST BEACH TRIP Today was Judah's first trip to the beach. I have a new friend from church named Monicca and she and her husband have a 5 month old girl named Ava. Wednesday is a short day for both our husbands in Monterey, so we planned a lunch time at Carmel. Monicca's husband ended up not being able to join us (this time!), but we had a blast anyway. And got blasted with cold air! But it was still beautiful. Come to find out, it is not recommended to put sunscreen (even baby sunscreen) on babies before 6 months because of sensitive skin. We didn't know that until Dr. Cantor told us at the appt today (which was after the beach)...but we had thankfully decided not to do the sunscreen anyway. We just kept him covered with a blanket. However...Mommy was stupid...

TWO MONTH APPOINTMENT Yep, today was shots day. I think I've mentioned it before, but oh my WORD do we love Dr. Cantor! I lament that he will not get to see Judah grow up. Perhaps we can have him transfer to Maryland? All is well with little man. Little. Not sure that's the right word. :-) Judah is 13 lbs 14 oz...90% for weight meaning 90% of boys are lighter than he is! Ava is 3 months older and just now weighs 15 lbs. I knew he was big for a two month old (which is why the outfit Grandma is making will come in handy!). He is 23.25 inches (50%) and his head is 41 cm (75%). And Dr. Cantor remarked at how he definitely has hazel in his eyes now. Not that they will stay hazel, but we're hoping for it! It's different and pays tribute to both grandmothers and one great grandmother. The shots? Yeah, never heard him scream that loud or that high pitched. I even lightly put my hand over his mouth to muffle the sound. Matt held him down while I carressed his face and belly. He calmed quickly when I was able to pick him up...and oh the elephant sized tears that rolled out of his precious eyes. But he's good now. :-) Sleeping peacefully which is what I will be doing very soon...

By the way...pictures take alot less time to load if you size them down. Duh. Hope you enjoyed them all! I'm gonna post about BBQ on Savary Sensations soon. And hopefully get another post up on Sanctifying Truth. Only 4 more chapters to go before I finish Ecclesiastes! It'll be the first time ever I've started and finished a personal book of the Bible study. :-)

6 comments:
I've been waiting for new pics and and an update. It has been awhile so you will forgive me if I post a long comment.
Section 1)I too, love him in orange. I will send Karlyn the pic of him in "her" outfit. Oh and thanks for posting during Lost...I feel the love :)
Section 2)The pics from Mother's day weekend...Wow. They are all great. The one of you and Matt looks like a pro took it. Judah with hair!!! :D The pic of you and Matt kissing Judah on the head...the way Judah's arm is reaching up looks like he is taking the pic. He looks lovely in red (got some patriotic stuff the other day...will send it soon)(oh, yay for Grandma making something...baby clothes are not easy to deal with, everything is so small. Brenda, I salute you :) )
Section 3) Cute pics. Mommies should always wear sunscreen on the beach. OUCH!!!
Section 4) Nothing like "elephant sized tears" to break a mommy/daddy's heart. But isn't it nice that he is so quickly comforted by you :). He has 3 bandaids, did he get 3 shots??? I thought only 2.
Thanks again for the post/pics.
I love you all,
momma
The "professional" picture was actually setting the camera on the Jensens' ET center and setting the timer. :-P Matt is getting good at it for sure!
Yes, three shots with 5 vaccinations total. He had a very tiny fever last night and this morning it's about 100. Thank the Lord for baby Tylenol. And he slept from about 8:30 to 5:00. If Lost hadn't been on, think of the sleep I would have gotten!
Yeah for patriotic clothes! Wonder what July 4th is like in Monterey...
Thank you for the pictures and the update!!!! I'm sorry you got sunburned... I guess better you than Judah :-) Talk to you soon!
Ok, the picture of him in the fish mirror GREATLY CONFUSED ME as I thought he was miniature for some reason until I enlarged it.
Alyssa got the same shots and was so upset yesterday. Poor babies. I love all my babies (figuratively speaking, of course!)
thanks for the indulgence :) I love thos pics... esp. the one of you and Matt kissing Judah's head and the one of Judah on the white animal blankie w/rattle nearby
OK, once again, he is the cutest!!!
My boys and girl, were just like Judah. Chunky but solid. I like chunky babies. Judah doesn't look all that big though, He doesn't have rolls like really big babies do. Anyway, say happy birthday to Matt for me. I ready your blog alot. Sorry I don't always post but know I am keeping up with you through your posts.
much love, Janet
Post a Comment