Thursday, May 18, 2006

Happy Birthday, Matt!

24 Reasons to Praise God for
Matthew Wayne Esparza

1) I can see the Lord working in his life, moving him ever closer to holiness.
2) I can see that he is not perfect which is a comfort because I am certainly not perfect. That means together we can strive for Christ-likeness.
3) He loves to serve others.
4) When he studies Scripture, he has wonderful insights and shares/teaches them to me. If he has questions, he will search for the answer.
5) He has awesome retention of knowledge, both adademic and Scriptural.
6) He always directs those who praise him to God and often does not want public recognition for what he has done.
7) He can teach in such a way that I can fully grasp the subject at hand whether computers or a tough passage of Scripture.
8) He is a man of integrity at home, at church, and at school.
9) He always remembers what people have asked prayer for...and remembers to ask them later on how things are going.
10) He loves giving to the church and to missionaries that are our personal friends.
11) He is content with where God has placed us right now.
12) He is excited about what God has given him to do for a job.
13) He's an adorable geek -- he faithfully checks Trekweb and Lost websites.
14) His love for things is contagious -- he makes it easy to be "interested in what my spouse is interested in." (read: Star Trek, football)
15) He loves my cooking and tells me so but is honest when something doesn't quite make the A list.
16) He tries to be better about eating healthy when I want to. (Especially drinking more water lately.)
17) He wants me to continue using the skills I have for our home, to bless others, and maybe earn some money -- always reminding me if I want a sewing machine, we can get one.
18) He constantly makes sure the house is secure from anything that might happen to it by person or element. I've learned to stop rolling my eyes at it. He is protecting us because he loves us.
19) He is quite humorous and a joy to live with. He even sometimes laughs at my jokes, though they are usually duds.
20) He loves to get together with other people and have a good meal and a fun time.
21) He adores our son and plays with him so well.
22) He is an excellent father and has all the nitty gritties of caring for a baby under his belt.
23) He's quite handsome...American looking with gorgeous Spanish eyes.

24) Because God first loved him, he loves Judah and I and has given us himself for life. I don't know where I'd be if I wasn't his wife, and Judah of course would not be here.

I love you, Husband. And Judah loves his Daddy. Here's to all the years left God will choose to give you to us!

8 comments:

the Rehrers said...

Happy Birthday Matt! We hope you have a great day!!!
- Matt and Kara Rehrer

Indiana Mama said...

What a wonderful tribute to Matthew. I am so happy to have a part in his life. He has truly been a gift from God and his father, sister and I love him very much.
Happy Birthday Son!!

Jaclyn said...

Happy Birthday, Matt! I cannot wait to see you next week!!!!

Kathie said...

25)He is a blessing to the FitzRandolph/Savary family as a whole.
We praise God for answering years of prayers for a loving, godly husband for Dawn in such a wonderful way

Autumn said...

26) He makes ME laugh out loud... which not a lot of people can do.

Happy Birthday, Matt!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Matt! Wish we could celebrate with you tonight. Maybe a webcam telecast is in order.

Thanks for the abundance of photos in that last post, Dawn. We needed that. See ya!

Paul said...

Here you go, Matt.

Dawn said...

Only you, Paul.

Powered By Blogger