Wednesday, May 31, 2006

LOTS of Pictures

So, I'm going to combine two posts into one. It's a doosy. Judah Pictures and then Jaclyn's awesome visit. Don't forget you can click on the pictures to enlarge them.

JUDAH PICTURES

First, we've got random pictures of Judah living his daily life. He's adorable. I'm not just biased either. My favorite comment people have made lately (other than what a good baby he is): "His eyes just sparkle!" I think they do, too.

In my opinion, he is no longer "newborn" looking. His tummy is thinning out but his legs and arms are chunkin' up. We're still trying to get rid of the cradle cap, and he has new patches of eczema on his arms (like his Mommy). Thankfully, they are very mild. He is still sneezing and the runny nose has picked up quite a bit. He even dry coughs at times...again, just like his Mommy. I'm pretty sure Mommy's allergist is going to end up being Judah's allergist as well...if anything can be done for such a young guy. Here are some things he has done lately:

~Regularly talks up a storm
~Stares at his feet when he's in his bouncy seat
~Reaches for things, especially our faces and hands
~Sticks out his tongue when you do the same or when he wants you to imitate him
~Found himself in mirrors and talks to the other baby
~Turns completely horizontal in his pack-n-play during the night
~Sucks his thumb...still a new thing as he only does it occasionally
~Is almost rolling over...he can get perpendicular to the ground up on his side but can't seem to swing that leg over to go all the way
~Reacts mostly to the color pink...Jaclyn gave him a toy with lots of colors on it and he always talks the most when pink is shown...maybe because his Mommy wears alot of pink?
~Sucks on Mommy's shoulder...occasionally producing real hickies
~Raises his head/chest to a 90 degree angle when on his tummy
~Knows when Mommy & Daddy leave his presence and lets it be known with talking/crying

A sweet Little Champ baseball outfit. "What are you looking at?" expression.



Eating Crunches ear (it's got that rattly paper in it....the companion elephant is Tinkles because he's got a bell inside him). Self-taken picture with Daddy.



An extremely happy baby...we get those smiles alot every day. A new sleeping position he has assumed...little booty in the air and sucking on his hand.



Remember that famous sleeping position I posted about a while ago? Yep. He still likes it. At least it's a "cross" position. Perhaps we can use it as a tool to teach him about Jesus when he's older. :-) I let him nap in bed with me the other morning...woke up to find him in the exact middle of the bed with arms spread wide...



JACLYN'S VISIT

Two girls. Similar life stories. Their moms even have similar life stories. States apart. Introduced online by a mutual guy-friend. Talked for years through a computer screen, sharing struggles and joys, heartache and triumph. Many a deep secret was told. Holding each others hand through personal growth on all fronts. One married the guy who introduced them. The other hardly talks to him anymore because she talks to his wife all the time.

Six years this went on. Only pictures were seen and voices heard by phone and IM screen.

Until now.

We finally met. Praise the LORD! We both were nervous, we don't know why. We figured it was because we knew each other's life inside out and had never stared into each other's eyes. Six blessed days with my sweet friend Jaclyn.

It was an unspeakable joy to have her in my home, sitting beside me as I fed my son, smiling at me as we talked, cooking in my kitchen with me, sleeping in the room next to me. To see that Bible laying open on her bed each day. To watch her move with realistic grace. To hear her drawing out laughter from my baby boy. To hold her in my arms and kiss her sweet cheek. To smell her spicy lotion. Sounds like I'm stalking her...but you just can't understand. I waited six years to be in her presence. I had to take it all in, for who knows when the next opportunity will be!

Beautiful. That is the one word that describes Jaclyn. Her spirit shines through her eyes and shouts through her voice. She is kind, helpful, and thoughtful. She is modestly stylish. She spends time with her Lord daily. She creates meaningful conversation. And yes, her eyes are to die for and her hair so silky and shiny. Her skin is naturally dark (I was shocked!...she didn't even have a "tan.") Inside and out. Just beautiful.

She left little notes in secret places before she left. I still don't know if I've found them all. They mean so much to me...to hear what she thinks of me after being with me in person. God's grace covers both of us because we both felt a little "off" the whole time. Allergies hit us pretty hard right before she arrived and got worse as the week wore on. And the nerves of meeting for the first time didn't help either. It was kind of like, hmm...beign betrothed to someone you've never met but knowing you are destined to be together forever and then meeting them for the first time. You know you love the real person, but what of mannerisms and habits? This time put a physical body to my ethereal friend.

Angels can have physical bodies when they choose to, right? I still sometimes wonder if she's an angel unaware. ;-)

Jaclyn and Judah...she loved him and boy did he love her! At Carmel...God blessed us with the CLEAREST day Matt and I have yet seen here. The wind was strong and brisk, the waves huge, and the sand toasty warm.



We took these on the way from Carmel Beach to Monterey (Cannery Row). He was being so cute...as always!



The last picture and the ones below were taken at Cannery Row. I think this will end up being the "let's take our visitors here" official photos. This little cove is where all the sea otters hang out. If you look closely, you can see them sunning on the beach. The water was gorgeous as well...I've never seen it blue and GREEN.



A California dad. Our shadows in the clear water below an observation deck.



A sea otter. Jaclyn...Judah's very first baby sitter. Matt and I got to go buy a new couch and comfy chair (woo hoo!) and then go see X-Men III. It was so great to get out with my hubby! Judah did just fine...and who wouldn't with such a lovely lady?



Judah's cutie outfit on Sunday. A great picture of Jaclyn and I. Side by side. No more computer generated "together" photos. :-) (She makes me look so white and round! LOL)



Matching overalls...I think it's adorable. Family photo. Just before we took Jaclyn to the airport. :-( And just before we went to a Memorial Day cookout in Hollister with some church folks....where my allergies ramped up even more. ::sigh:: Gonna go see an allergist on the 21st.



What do I take with me the most from Jaclyn's visit? Two things. Seeing that Bible laying on her bed every day. She is what she says she is. There's meat behind all she tells me about her life. She is an inspiration. And her eyes. I can see them when I think about them. I didn't look at them TOO often because I was shy for some stupid reason. Usually I make others uncomfortable with eye contact. Apparently, she's more powerful than me. But I drank them in on Monday. I was tired of not looking!

Thank you, Jaclyn, for spending the money, time, and effort to come visit. I praise God He provided all of it for you to spend! Maybe, just MAYBE, God will honor our desires to make a summer vacation to Colorado next year.........

You are a treasure to me. You always were. You are more so now. And you always will be!

8 comments:

Kathie said...

Dawn,
Great post!! As I read about Jaclyn's visit...the anticipation, the joy of having her in your home...just the joy of being with her after so long made me think of how unspeakable it will be when we are in the presence of the Lord. I'm so happy for both of you that you got to meet, a little jealous too :) I'd love to meet her and her family...hmmm a family vacation to CO next summer??? (don't want to horn in though :) )

love you,
momma

Jaclyn said...

I'm not quite sure what to say. I got teary reading all your thoughts... for they mirror my own and what I thought of you. :-) God was so good to us, not only with this visit, but in allowing our paths to cross so that we would have someone to walk with on the road of life.

I will post SOON, although it will be pictureless for a while until I can burn my pics on a CD.

I wonder which notes you have and have not found!!! :-P I love you, dear girl, and I treasure you even more! YOU are the one that has beautiful eyes... and I wish, like you, that I would have stared into them more. :) Next time...

(and I am not sure I can wait until next summer, either!)

Christa Blakey said...

Dawn, thanks for the great updates! I love all the pictures:) Judah sure is growing and I love all his little smiles. Hope all is well with the Esparzas!

Anonymous said...

Hi Dawn!
Judah is so good looking . . . you are right - not so newborn-ish now - but big boy adorable! He's changed in just these few short weeks!
Can't wait to see you in person - I think we must have just missed you at church on Sunday - bummer!
Got to introduce you to our cutie patootie! :)

Paul said...

Fantastic pictures, Dawn.

Tracie and I saw our first Otters yesterday at the Chattanooga Aquarium. I just love how they twist and play as they run around!

We miss you terribly. Move to Texas!

Anonymous said...

yay.

Anonymous said...

Yeh, our day went great...this wedding had 13 members in the wedding party, the bride and a groom who didn't really take anything seriously, including last night's rehearsal. It was more stressful than I thought it would be, but it's over now.

Autumn said...

glad you guys had such a good time together. I miss you! Give Judah some hugs and kisses from Auttie!

Powered By Blogger