Tuesday, May 02, 2006

MY Treasure, Story, & Requests

You've GOT to see Autumn's blog today. The latest post will melt your heart...and I"ll post pics of MY treasure later when I have more time...

My story...So God allows things to come our way for reasons that may be uknown to us. Just things to grow us in small ways. We made a trip to the eye doctor yesterday. Why? Because I tried to get ice out of an ice cube tray. We've been saying for a while we need new trays because the ones we have are really hard to pop. Yesterday, one of them snapped in half as I was trying to twist it. We're not sure if it was an ice shard or plastic piece, but something hit my open eye. We waited about an hour and then decided to have it checked out. The doc was VERY nice and said that I do indeed have an abrasion on my cornia and a swollen area inside my upper lid, but there is no foreign object. He gave me some antibiotic ointment for eyes to prevent infection, and I go back to see him tomorrow. Praise GOD that it was not worse. I was finding plastic shards after Matt thought he got them all. And I tell you what, when you're eyes are dialated and one blurry from ointment, it's kinda hard to care for a wee one! :-P

My 1st request is for Ron and Karen! They leave TODAY for China to get Katie Mei on Sunday. I'm so excited for them, and I can't wait to see the cutie pie in person! Pray for the obvious but also pray for Karen's dad who is going with them. He's not a believer, and now he's gonna spend three weeks in close proximity with several believers and a Christian adoption process. :-)

2nd, Matt's birthday is in 17 days! If you wanted to send a card or anything, don't forget! He'll be a big 24...joining me in my old age. :-P

3 comments:

Jaclyn said...

I am sooo sorry to hear about the eye!!! How is it feeling this morning? How long will it take to heal? Love you!

Anonymous said...

Oh, the eye story had me cringing.

Thanks for the birthday reminder...

Anonymous said...

I feel you with the "small things to grow you"...like having a stomach virus before the two most horrible weeks of med school yet. It's all good though.

SMOOCH.

Powered By Blogger