Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Another Time-Waster

But I've cleaned the bathrooms and straightened the house today, all the while caring for Judah when he wasn't napping. Can a girl get a brain break now and then? :-)

1. My roommate once: left her washed but still wet clothes in her car for 3 days then hung them all over her side of the room to dry. Took my breath away...in a bad way! :-P
2. Never in my life have I: eaten liver.
3. The one person who can drive me nuts, but then can always manage to make me smile: Paul
4. High School was: a blast...I miss it sometimes. So chock full of great people and good memories.
5. When I'm nervous: I pick at my lips if there are not alot of people. My heart palpates and my breath speads up if there are lots of people.
6. The last time I cried was: Last week probably.
7. If I were to get married right now my bridesmaids/groomsmen would be: Been married almost 2 years...my sister was my matron, Thea my maid of honor, Joy, Janet, and Lucinda; Jensen best man, D-Rob, Jason, and Cliffton (would have had Peter if we had been thinking straight!)
9. My hair: is brown, has volume, and loves to be air dried because it's owner doesn't care much during the week.
10. When I was 6: my mom and dad got married and I was a flower girl with Autumn.
12. When I turn my head left, I see: our printer with Judah's baby book and some insurance papers on top.
13. I should be: dusting, windexing, vacuuming, mopping, sleeping...after all, Jaclyn is coming tomorrow!
14. When I look down I see: a big blue cup with a little water in it and our keyboard.
15. The craziest recent event was: depends on how crazy. I had a kid about 2 months ago. :-)
16. If I were a character on Friends I would be: I wouldn't. I'd be Deborah off of Everybody Loves Raymond.
17. By this time next year: Judah will be 1 and we'll be looking for a house in Maryland.
18. My favorite Aunt is: Janet. She was God's instrument to change my heart about going to Master's and being a home ec major.
19. I have a hard time understanding: how some people can be so inefficient at housework.
20. One time at a family gathering: my now-husband proposed to me.
21. You know I "like" you if: I am not reserved around you.
22. If I won an award, the first person (people) I'd thank: I think it depends on what for. But I do all things through Christ who gives me strength.
23. Take my advice: Don't expect to continue being a stickler about housework once you have a kid.
24. My ideal breakfast is: biscuits and gravy, scrambled eggs, ginger-lemon tea. No wait. banana nut pancakes, scrambled eggs, bacon. No wait. a belgian waffle with strawberries and whipped cream and hazelnut coffee. No wait. Ok, do you get my drift? Breakfast is my favorite food genre.
25. If you visit my hometown: please take me with you.
26. Where do you plan to visit anytime soon: Um. Indiana at Christmas.
27. If you spend the night at my house: you'll be on an air mattress in Judah's room.
29. The world could do without: sin.
30. I'd rather lick the belly of a cockroach than: lick the belly of a tarantula?? sick.
31. Most recent thing you've bought yourself: 4 shirts and a bathing suit...Mother's Day and weight loss money.
32. Something someone else bought for you: Pampered Chef stuff (thanks, Momma!)
33. My favorite blonde is: Denise.
35. And by the way: my legs have weird tiny red spots on them where I got that sunburn last week.
36. The last time I was high: in this dream I had where someone made me smoke a cigar.
37. The animals I would like to see flying besides birds: tigers.
38. I should have been: napping.
39. Once, at a bar: Thea and I got to taste a grasshopper drink and a sip of red wine. Yes to grasshopper. Very tasty. Gross to wine -- needs to be cold.
40. Last night I: watched King of Queens with Matt.
41. There's this girl I know who: is coming to visit me tomorrow! I've never seen her in person before, but she knows more about me than anyone else!
42: I dont know: when Matt will be back...he took the car for an oil change.
43. A better name for me would be: the one God will give me when I see Him face to face.
44. If I ever go back to school I'll: learn more about interior design.
45. how many days til your b-day: 210 I think.

6 comments:

Cjsmomx6 said...

you made my day. Thanks for saying I am your favorite aunt. :)
love you, Janet

michelle said...

hey friend,
i'm commenting here cuz it's your most recent post. i'm sorry i didn't see you for long during graduation and that i came too late to catch you guys at the reception for james and kimikimomomo. but it was SO nice to see you! i have missed you much. it was so exciting to see Judah, too! you're a mom! i mean, i saw the first couple pics while i was in israel...but i hadn't been able to keep up with your life or his. sorry. he's beautiful...late congratulations for you and matt!

i'll stop jabbering...love ya! happy friday!

Jenny Bretthauer said...

Sorry about the laundry Dawn! Didn't mean to make you sick. Would never do that again. I have definately improved. :}

Kathie said...

Okay, Jaclyn is gone ( I hope you had a great time) Nini is having Judah picture withdrawl symptoms (ahhhh, I don't even know if I spelled that right) I NEED some new pics of Judah....please

Jaclyn said...

I have some for you!!!! About a hundred, actually... and I am bummed that I forget to get a picture of Dawn, Judah and I together (except the one at the beach!) The camera was not out as often as it probably should have been... oh well. I love your daughter to death more now than ever. I miss her this morning :)

Autumn said...

so... how was it? I haven't talked to you in a few days! I'm having Dawn withdrawals. I want to see pictures. I have pictures for you of our vacation! :)

Powered By Blogger