We had our first family grocery outing on Saturday. Judah was SO good! He slept the whole time. It was a nice trip. Why? Ok. FOUR POUNDS of strawberries for only $3. Insane. And yes, they are delicious. What else was nice? Autumn introduced me to Grape Nuts Trail Mix cereal. Well, cereal out here is quite expensive for some reason. Yeah...they were having a sale -- 2 boxes for $4 AND they had coupons right next to the boxes! So we got two boxes for less than $4! Maybe we shoudl have bought more? And, we have humbled ourselves. We decided to NOT get Starbucks and debase ourselves to Folgers classic roast. This was done in an attempt to save almost $10 on coffee and to see if we could be satiated by home brewed coffee other than Starbucks. The verdict? I think I almost like it better! Praise the Lord for cheaper but good tasting coffee!
I finished Twelve Ordinary Men by MacArthur this morning. I decided to experiment with reading while nursing Judah at night to help keep me awake and to pass the time more quickly. You can really get through a book quickly when you do that, I've found! I started this book MONTHS ago and let it collect dust for quite some time in between my reads. It's a good book, though not quite what I expected. It was hard to shake the feeling that MacArthur pulled alot of assumptions about the Apostles' characters from the Scriptures that speak of each one. I can SEE how he would arrive at the conculsions he did from those passages, but in no way would I say it is fact. It was definitely a good and easy read though. This morning, I read a quote by Spurgeon in the chapter on Judas Iscariot. (Which by the way, Judas is a form of Judah and means "Jehovah leads." Interesting huh? God chooses some to be vessels of wrath...) The quote was about the tesnion between divine sovereignty and human choice. And I think it can and should be said of all the seeming paradoxes in Scripture:
...it is only my folly that leads me to imagine that these two truths can ever contradict each other. I do not believe they can ever be welded into one upon any earthly anvil, but they certainly shall be one in eternity. They are two lines that are so nearly parallel, that the human mind which pursuses them farthest will never discover that they converge, but they do converge, and they will meet somewhere in eternity, close to the throne of God, whence all truth doth spring.
Astounding and perfectly true.
And finally, for some pics of those who visited us in the hospital. Sorry if you were there but don't appear here! We didn't get pictures of everyone, but we are so thankful for the love and refreshment we received from everyone!
I finished Twelve Ordinary Men by MacArthur this morning. I decided to experiment with reading while nursing Judah at night to help keep me awake and to pass the time more quickly. You can really get through a book quickly when you do that, I've found! I started this book MONTHS ago and let it collect dust for quite some time in between my reads. It's a good book, though not quite what I expected. It was hard to shake the feeling that MacArthur pulled alot of assumptions about the Apostles' characters from the Scriptures that speak of each one. I can SEE how he would arrive at the conculsions he did from those passages, but in no way would I say it is fact. It was definitely a good and easy read though. This morning, I read a quote by Spurgeon in the chapter on Judas Iscariot. (Which by the way, Judas is a form of Judah and means "Jehovah leads." Interesting huh? God chooses some to be vessels of wrath...) The quote was about the tesnion between divine sovereignty and human choice. And I think it can and should be said of all the seeming paradoxes in Scripture:
...it is only my folly that leads me to imagine that these two truths can ever contradict each other. I do not believe they can ever be welded into one upon any earthly anvil, but they certainly shall be one in eternity. They are two lines that are so nearly parallel, that the human mind which pursuses them farthest will never discover that they converge, but they do converge, and they will meet somewhere in eternity, close to the throne of God, whence all truth doth spring.
Astounding and perfectly true.
And finally, for some pics of those who visited us in the hospital. Sorry if you were there but don't appear here! We didn't get pictures of everyone, but we are so thankful for the love and refreshment we received from everyone!
Auntie Auttie, Tita Thea & Robin, Nonie (Great Grandma of JG), Karen's sweater & Judah (his first reaally alert time), Duane &Doreen (CA Grandparents), Nini (Grandma of JG)

And good news!! The other set of family gets to come in June!! We can't wait for Judah to meet them and vice versa!

6 comments:
I like the picture of Judah and umm, Karen's sweater. :) It is always funny to see a c-section baby with a nice round head. Oh my word, Samuel had a huge ridge from the labor pressure and birth canal. Anyway... thanks for the pictures, I eat them up, show them to everyone, look at them again, check my blog, then look at your pictures again ;-) I love you all! ::kiss for Judah:: ::hug for Judah's mommy::
You just finished the 12 Ordinary Men and I just finished 12 Extraordinary Women. Wanna trade? :)
I'm lovin' the pictures.
Jaclyn
Judah's head was misshapen :) Dawn just hasn't posted pics of that.
kathie
Oh, Dawn...remember my old roommate Sunshine, who got to wear her wedding dress twice? Well, she's pregnant, found out a couple of weeks ago. Unplanned, but happy.
You got 4 pounds or strawberries for $3!!! where in the world? i need to go there and get some. when we were driving home from church sunday i was looking at the strawberries along the road and craving them!!
uuummm, where is the all picture post you told me about??? :)
momma
Post a Comment