Check out what we got to see in nature! So close to what Hawaii looks like, including the hairpin turn in the road! There were six deer. They are wild but feel comfortable roaming in the backyard. There were also wild turkeys. It poured off and on, and God blessed us with a magnificent rainbow! And we like to call the carseat picture "Baby Parking." That's Samuel, the 9 month old son of some people we are slowly getting to know at church. She's a fellow nursing mother and we sometimes get to chat on Sunday mornings. I also made my first lemon merengue pie. It was perfection when it came out of the oven...but then was pitiful after it cooled. The merengue separated from the edges of the crust and got moisture beads on it. A new challenge or something to never try again? :-P (In order to save blog space, I made these small. But remember you can click on them to enlarge!)

A few days ago, Judah got his first "submerge" bath. It was so much fun! We only got two pictures. The rest is video. He really loves the bath! (Or so we assume.) He never cries or even hints at fussing. Yes! Another water baby to add to the family!

This morning I went to check on Judah (one of the few times he napped today ::sigh:: growth spurt week I believe). This is how he was frozen in sleep. I took time to get the camera and he was still like this when I came back. Bed hog. Just like his Daddy. :-) Then this afternoon I was about to lay him down in his crib for a nap, moved the blanket in the crib, and THIS crawled out. ::whilly nillies:: I obviously wasn't going to smash it into the bedding...or smash it period. So I got a glass and waited for Matt to come home. He slid a piece of paper under the glass and folded it up around the glass. Then we contemplated how to kill it. Would it drown in water? Could we throw it on the floor and smash it (the spider, not the glass)? Well, I thought, hey why not use some type of cleaning solution. About a half inch of Armstrong floor cleaner will kill a large spider in approx. 1 minute. You can watch it convulse in death and then slowly stop moving. I tried to keep remorse at bay. It was a spider of all things. I just think it's hard to watch death occur. We then decided I need to write a book "A Woman's Guide to Killing Creatures with Household Products." Hairspray freezes and kills wasps. Scrubbing Bubbles kills ants. Armstrong kills spiders.

We got a very pleasant surprise this evening after dinner. We've been praying for opportunity to get to know our neighbors. The ones below us are originally from India, moved to Canada, and then moved here. They have two kids, a boy 2 and a girl 5. They came right on up to visit with us! They brought a gift of two adorable jumpsuits for Judah -- the first clothes with little airplanes on them. They stayed for a good while and conversation flowed quite nicely. We have known for a while that each other was "religious" and we found out they are Catholic. He asked us tonight if we were, so the door was opened a little bit as we told them about the church we go to. We talked about all sorts of things -- they rarely ever hear us (praise the Lord!), where they are from in India, what languages we all speak, child development, food, etc. Sometime soon we are going to have a meal together. If she cooks first, I hope it's not too spicy or weird! :-P
And now I must get to bed! There's no telling how often Judah will want to eat tonight. Sheesh! He had several times today where he wanted to eat every hour on the dot! And he ate alot! Such a growin' boy! Until the next update...

10 comments:
I was wondering what happened to the spider. I was suppose to call you and suggest freezing it with hairspray then smashing it (Nonie's suggestion). How exciting about your neighbors. I was sort of hoping it was the neighbors across from your door...but the Lord knows :) Where in India are they from? I love you three :*
momma
How adorable that little guy is! I cannot wait to kiss his little face!
Jaclyn,
Judah lips just look sooo kissable don't they :) I am looking forward to seeing pics of you and Dawn together...for real :)
Oh my gosh. My husband commented! Wonder of wonders, people! ;-)
Yes, his little lips are very kissable. Matt claims he got my lips and his "inside" mouth (a very big one). I think he got Matt's lips. They are kissable too. ::giggle::
Oh my gosh. I just saw that my husband POSTED on his own blog! It's been a long time! Check it out...a cool graphic he made...
http://faultyhelix.blogspot.com/
yay! A moment in history...the day Matt posted.
I love your long random posts with pictures. Keep it up girl. And I really enjoyed our phone conversation the other night...I really miss you!
All I can say is...that spider would've died from my high-pitched screams...and then I would've woken up the baby. Ah well.
Oh, and you should be able to read my protected post...let me know if you did.
Just a note of encouragement for when you have dinner with your neighbors... My best friend is from southern India and her food is GREAT! She didn't come to America until she was almost 30, so she is a great cook. I actually like her food better than Mexican now. I hope you also have a good experience with Indian food.
I can't believe how big Judah is already! He's precious!
That's really cool about your neighbors. And Indian food is really delicious!
Judah is lovely as I expected.
Don't feel bad about remorse about killing a spider. Valueing all life as precious is a virtue, not a downfalling. Even if I have to kill something, it is, I think, respectful to kill it as painlessly as possible...
Post a Comment