Today marks four years of marriage for Matt and I. We feel like old marrieds compared to alot of our friends who are just now celebrating one or two years, and yet we are YOUNG marrieds compared to even more people we are close with. We probably have said this every year, but so much has happened in our short life together. In four years we have moved 4 times (three of which were to different states), had 2 children, completed a master's degree, been a part of 3 churches, traveled alot for the holidays, been to Guatemala, and most recently spent a month apart for Matt's trip to Europe...and more! All of that is what makes us feel like we have been married a long time and a short time all at once! When I think back to getting married at 22, I laugh. We are so different today than we were just four years ago. But we have matured together, towards each other. Praise the Lord for His hand in our marriage! I can not imagine life apart from my Other Half. He truly is the best thing God has ever given me. He sharpens me, romances me, comforts me, loves me. He definitely embodides I Corinthians 13! Matt is the perfect example of how God prepares someone especially for someone else in His perfect timing -- we are a perfect match made by the Matchmaker Himself! I love you, Matt! Now, when can we finish watching Fiddler on the Roof? ;-)
Today is also Autumn's birthday. Happy Birthday, Sis! And just so you know...I'm glad I've got another girl to grow old with who's just a touch farther than me! ;-) I, too, have been noticing my own small facial wrinkles and such starting to appear! Glad to know we're together in this! Have a GREAT day!

1 comment:
The wrinkles come, the gray hair comes but so does wisdom and maturity(spiritual and otherwise) I know I sound bias but you both are so beautiful. I always tell people God did a great job when He formed my children. And you are right God did a wonderful thing in bringing Matt into your life and ours :)
Post a Comment