Monday, July 07, 2008

It's been a long road...

...gettin' from there to here. I love that song. And today I use it in reference to the spacing of my posts. :-P

Here is a glimpse of my gorgeous rosebush. My hubby really did give me the perfect mother's day gift! The pictures are the progression of what each rose does as it blooms.



And here are my European bobbles if you didn't catch them on Facebook. Arm band and mother-of-pearl ring from Athens. Copper wrist cuff from Florence. Amber earrings from Germany with amber pendant from Poland. For the boys, a wooden broad sword from London and a hand made marionette from Florence. He also got me some authentic chamomile tea from London...the best, most full bodied chamomile I've ever had!



And here is the newest addition to our bedroom! Our church is giving away things to clear out their storage facility. Talk about a BLESSING! It fits perfectly, leaving plenty of room for the rest of our bedroom furniture. AND it has THREE file drawers! More than we could have asked for...aside from the price -- free! *note: please disregard clutter as it is still a work in progress!*



Want the most special and least expensive wrapping paper for Father's Day? Here ya go! It was a George Foreman grill because my mom found them on mega sale at Kohls. Since I gave it to him last Sunday, we've probably used it at least 4 times! Tasty, gives more opportunity for good 'n cheap meals, and easy clean up!

3 comments:

Jaclyn said...

I cannot wait to have the jewelry I got you added to that collection! I wish that I would have been collecting something specifically from each country I have been to... but I think the only thing that I have several of is bowls. I guess that is kind of cool... but, I wish I would have bought some jewelry for myself!

Love you!

Alicia said...

Since having the kids, our home office is now in our bedroom. Sometimes it feels like we live in a dorm, but it is kind of nice to roll out of bed and go to work! We never thought that we would be able to fit 15 major pieces of furniture in our bedroom and still have it not feel cluttered!

I love the jewlery, very fun, and the roses are so beautiful!

Kathie said...

um...do I recognize the desk "chair"??? but without a back? I didn't see it the first time I looked. May I say OH. MY. WORD.

Powered By Blogger